Winter wheel recommendations for a 2011 Edge Limited AWD

Radioactiveedge

Hi, all! Ive just moved to Eastern WA after a number of years as a Subaru driver in Alaska. Out of the blue, my dad recently gave me his old 2011 Edge limited AWD, so my wife now has the Subaru and Ive got a pretty sweet new-to-me SUV. I want to get a jump on things for next winter. I am pretty picky about what tires Ill put on my vehicles for winter driving and if I can I want to stick with what worked for severe conditions in Alaska - Nokian Hakka R9s. That said, I really dont want to get them in anything bigger than 17 if I can help it.

Are there any 17 wheels that work with this car? Tirerack says yes, but I am not sure I can trust that info. Barring that, I can live with 18 wheels. Thanks!

I have a 2011 SEL which comes with 245/60R18" stock. When I was hunting for winter tires, my local Ford dealer told me it can take (basically they can recommend) 235/65R17" for this car. I checked some online tire stores to double check and all of them confirm that size of tire and rim is within the OEM recommendations for the 2011 SEL.

If your car is similar to mine, you should be fine with 235/65R17 (according to my local Ford dealer). I believe the user's manual also reads that (I don't have it on hand).

Hope this answers your question.

Edited by Edgingage