Factory Navigations System Problems.

I travel extensively and use a navigation system to locate rest stops, resturants and other points of interest. Unfortunately Ford's system is not up to the task. I am currently in the San Francisco Bay area. When I enter Costco into the system, it returns a list of stores in Southern California, even though there are several located within twenty miles of my location. Ford support says I have to enter my current location ( a GPS system that doesn't know where it is?) it will search nearby cities to locate a store, so I looked for a WalMart. According to system, the nearest on was over 300 miles away. When I entered a city that was across the street from a Walmart in an adjacent city, it couldn't locate a WalMart that was across the street. Since I don't usually know nearby towns when traveling, it is impossible to enter a city. That is especially true of highway rest stops.

Is anyone else have a similar experience? I saw another post that called the system junk. The seems to accurately describe it.

I wouldn't say 'junk' as much as it is a pretty well known on these forums and documented fact that, according to comparisons with other cars, this nav system is pretty low on POI's...

frankly for me, I never use POIs so do not care to much at this stage.. having accurate roads in my nav and all of the roads in my area and when I travel is way more important to me

• 4 weeks later...
I wouldn't say 'junk' as much as it is a pretty well known on these forums and documented fact that, according to comparisons with other cars, this nav system is pretty low on POI's...

frankly for me, I never use POIs so do not care to much at this stage.. having accurate roads in my nav and all of the roads in my area and when I travel is way more important to me

We tried it so many times and we get the same thing, irritating. I just downloaded a program called tryda to my cell phone, I get the addresses from them and plug them into my navigation system.

Good luck