LET YOUR VOICE BE HEARD!!!!! VOICE YOUR COMPLAINTS

Always_smile1st

:stats: Let your voice be heard........

Not saying you will also experience problems with your Edge like I have. Just to give you some of my issues. I have a 2007 Edge FWD purchased new this year. A few of my concerns are: Oil leaks, Transmission issues(car getting stuck is gears), rollback while driving and you are on an incline(My Edge does not HOLD), major paint issues where some of the areas not painted at all or some of the painted areas is wrinkled. FUMES!!! That’s right FUMES entering into the cabin (My guess is it might be a coolant leak due to the smell). Also, my Edge is not running smooth, sometimes it feels like I am driving a jeep and the car also continues to drift to the right.

I have taken my Edge to the dealership time and time again, and on just about all the issues the dealership gave me their famous words: "TEST DROVE AND WAS UNABLE TO DUPLICATE" I even contacted Ford motor company directly and all they did was back the dealership without question. Heaven forbid the dealership missed something!

The last words Ford gave me were: Go to the BBB! (Better Business Bureau)I purchased the 2007 Ford Edge SEL new this year in Feb. of 2008 from a local dealership here is Dallas, Texas.

So if you’re having problems or concerns come up, make sure you report your complaints so you are heard and contact your local dealership to see if you get the same famous words I have: "TEST DROVE AND WAS UNABLE TO DUPLICATE"

YOU CAN START REPORTING YOU’RE COMPLAINTS TO

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/index.cfm

http://www.consumeraffairs.com

http://www.carcomplaints.com/

LET YOUR VOICE BE HEARD!!!!!

Sorry to hear that you have been have so many problems with your Edge. I hate to say this, but with 15k miles on my 07 SEL+ it's only been into the dealer to get the oil changed.

I will say that with the roll back issue (if we are talking about the samething) if you are sitting at an incline the transmition wont hold it in place. That is true with every vehicle with an automatic transmition (that I have ever drove). I have a 99 F250 with an automatic and V10 and it will roll back, and I have a 1974 F100 with a C6 automatic and 428 big block that will roll back on an incline as well. Now I will say that the Edge rolls back on a lot smaller incline then the other vehicles I own, but when running down the highway when you take your foot off the gas it rolls alot easier that way too.

The other thing I will ask, have you taken your Edge to another dealership? Do you go to a large "Walmart' type dealership, or a ma and pa type dealership. I have had better luck and service at the ma and pa type dealers then the super dealers. At the smaller dealers they need your business and typically will bend over backwards to help you out. At the super dealers you are a number and a statistic. Sometimes it is better to go smaller then larger. And this is coming from somebody that owns a F250 Crewcab :)

Sorry to hear that you have been have so many problems with your Edge. I hate to say this, but with 15k miles on my 07 SEL+ it's only been into the dealer to get the oil changed.

I will say that with the roll back issue (if we are talking about the samething) if you are sitting at an incline the transmition wont hold it in place. That is true with every vehicle with an automatic transmition (that I have ever drove). I have a 99 F250 with an automatic and V10 and it will roll back, and I have a 1974 F100 with a C6 automatic and 428 big block that will roll back on an incline as well. Now I will say that the Edge rolls back on a lot smaller incline then the other vehicles I own, but when running down the highway when you take your foot off the gas it rolls alot easier that way too.

The other thing I will ask, have you taken your Edge to another dealership? Do you go to a large "Walmart' type dealership, or a ma and pa type dealership. I have had better luck and service at the ma and pa type dealers then the super dealers. At the smaller dealers they need your business and typically will bend over backwards to help you out. At the super dealers you are a number and a statistic. Sometimes it is better to go smaller then larger. And this is coming from somebody that owns a F250 Crewcab :)

I have taken it to another dealership not for all the concern trying not to overload anyone but it always been big dealerships. . I have also shown the dealership video from my digital camera of white smoke coming from the tailpipe and video of what appears like the edge getting stuck in a gear and not wanting to accelerate or decelerate when it’s gets stuck. The last thing I have requested which was shoot down to have master tech to test drive with me so I point out and duplicate the concerns, or see if the dealership would to install a flight recorder to help pinpoint the problems ; both request rejected . Not sure what to do anymore maybe I'm on a bad list LOL

I have taken it to another dealership not for all the concern trying not to overload anyone but it always been big dealerships. . I have also shown the dealership video from my digital camera of white smoke coming from the tailpipe and video of what appears like the edge getting stuck in a gear and not wanting to accelerate or decelerate when it’s gets stuck. The last thing I have requested which was shoot down to have master tech to test drive with me so I point out and duplicate the concerns, or see if the dealership would to install a flight recorder to help pinpoint the problems ; both request rejected . Not sure what to do anymore maybe I'm on a bad list LOL

:D Hi Always_smile1st. Sorry to hear about your problems.

To begin to address them in the proper manner, take a look at the Warranty booklet that should have been given to you when you purchased your Edge. If you can not find it, you can download it here: LINK: Warranty Information. Just click on "Warranty" in the left menu, then fill in the drop down boxes to the left with your vehicle information.

The Warranty Booklet lays out a precise process of the steps to take if your Dealership can not resolve your problems.

If necessary, you will need to begin the Lemon Law process on your vehicle. The thing is, you need to initiate this process. Neither the Dealer or Ford will usually volunteer the information (although they did hand us all a booklet outlining the process when we purchased our new vehicles).

Following the procedure outlined in the Warranty Booklet will get you further (and get you there quicker) than an Internet letter writing campaign.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

:D Hi Always_smile1st. Sorry to hear about your problems.

To begin to address them in the proper manner, take a look at the Warranty booklet that should have been given to you when you purchased your Edge. If you can not find it, you can download it here: LINK: Warranty Information. Just click on "Warranty" in the left menu, then fill in the drop down boxes to the left with your vehicle information.

The Warranty Booklet lays out a precise process of the steps to take if your Dealership can not resolve your problems.

If necessary, you will need to begin the Lemon Law process on your vehicle. The thing is, you need to initiate this process. Neither the Dealer or Ford will usually volunteer the information (although they did hand us all a booklet outlining the process when we purchased our new vehicles).

Following the procedure outlined in the Warranty Booklet will get you further (and get you there quicker) than an Internet letter writing campaign.

Thanks

I was looking info trading the car in. It make me so nervous to drive a have my nephew in the truck some times and yesterday I thought my front floor was damp

If your front floor mat was wet, that may be a bad heater core or somebody for got to tighten something up in the heater assembly. Has the dealer checked the heater core yet? That would would be a good source of smell/odor. It may be a not so obvious place to look on a new car too.

Nope, I took it by today and told them couple days ago and today the floor felt wet on the driver side. The service manager said it felt cold to him but not wet. LOL I also had him go on a test drive with me today to listen to this very high pitch noise that occurs almost every time you press on the gas. The reason he gave for this was “Air is getting into the throttle body; He also said there is not a fix for it.”

Nope, I took it by today and told them couple days ago and today the floor felt wet on the driver side. The service manager said it felt cold to him but not wet. LOL I also had him go on a test drive with me today to listen to this very high pitch noise that occurs almost every time you press on the gas. The reason he gave for this was “Air is getting into the throttle body; He also said there is not a fix for it.”

Hi Always_smile1st. :D Have you even bothered to look at the Warranty Booklet, as you were advised to do? The correct process to begin remediation for your problems are in there.

Do you realize that this Forum is not run by Ford? Do you understand that a letter writing campaign to the websites you have linked to will not solve your problem?

What you need to do has been explained to you, but it certainly seems you have ignored that advice.

You need to begin the process using the resources outlined in your Warranty Booklet.

What you are doing here is only beginning to make you look silly. We cannot help you, and while people will start off as sympathetic, what you continue to do will soon turn people against you.

Follow the procedures outlined in your Warranty Booklet. The rest of this is futile Internet nonsense.