New 07 Edge fit and finish

CopperEdge

... zero defects.

I am very impressed at the level of finish on my SEL. Inside and out, not one single blemish, loose fitting, wierd overhang, scratch, peeling paint or underspray. Mechanically, the engine is so far flawless, no leaks yet, no weird alignment issues, gear slippage/droppage either.

Did I just get very lucky or is this the norm?

I think you will always see more people complaining than praising. That is human nature. Everything is cool, I don't have to say anything, but if there IS a problem, I will make sure everyone knows about it!!! I have a 2007 Ford EDGE SEL+, only problem I have had is the rear sunroof rattle, which I would have complained about, but since it was already discussed, I knew what it was, and where to go to have it fixed.

To answer your question, I think this is pretty much the norm, lots of testing and engineering goes into these great cars, and it shows. Are they problem free? Of course not, but after owning 2 Lexus, 2 Mercedes, a Porsche, 3 trucks (one from each, Chevy, Dodge and Ford), a Chrysler 300C, and 2 other Ford cars, I can safely say NO CAR IS FLAWLESS!!! They all have problems, we are lucky to have such a nice car, and that Ford is really starting to care about quality (at least, so they say) :devil:

... zero defects.

I am very impressed at the level of finish on my SEL. Inside and out, not one single blemish, loose fitting, wierd overhang, scratch, peeling paint or underspray. Mechanically, the engine is so far flawless, no leaks yet, no weird alignment issues, gear slippage/droppage either.

Did I just get very lucky or is this the norm?

Mine's great, too, albeit with just 300 miles.......I think it's great.

Put some subtle silver pinstriping and some small mudflaps on the front on my Light Ice Blue SEL and it couldn't look sharper!!

Happy Driving!!

"I can safely say NO CAR IS FLAWLESS!!!"

I have a 2007 Edge that rolled off the line about 1 year ago...

I have no complaints... little rattles or cosmetic issues (my rims on being replaced) are a nuisance but I will take those problems over any other major mechanical issues.

I have been extremely happy with the ride, the handling and the look and finish. Everyone who sees it, rides in it... are always impressed.

Its VISTA roof season again... tons of Edges on the road...

Would really love to get my hands on the hydrogen Edge in about 5 years....

I have to admit, as much as I love this car, it has the worst paint I have seen - and I paid extra for the White Tri Sand color. I can point out DOZENS of pits, dirt under paint, thin paint spots, misc odd paint contaminations bumps/lumps, over-spray, and more.

That is the 1 aspect I would give them a 1 out of 5 on. The interior is awesome though. But the exterior is really not acceptable.

But you know how it goes CopperEdge.. about the time you say "I have no issues" is about the time :censored: starts going south :)

I have to admit, as much as I love this car, it has the worst paint I have seen - and I paid extra for the White Tri Sand color. I can point out DOZENS of pits, dirt under paint, thin paint spots, misc odd paint contaminations bumps/lumps, over-spray, and more.

That is the 1 aspect I would give them a 1 out of 5 on. The interior is awesome though. But the exterior is really not acceptable.

But you know how it goes CopperEdge.. about the time you say "I have no issues" is about the time :censored: starts going south :)

Oh nooo! Don't say that! Actually after VERY close examination (so close I had to put my glasses on!) I found a tiny paint blemish on the nose. No larger than a pin head. But aside from that the car IS currently FLAWLESS! No matter what anyone says. No drivetrain issues no wierd noises etc. I am wondering if it's because it's an '07 and so has been sitting at the dealer for a little while. They may have resolved any known issues during the months it was jus sitting on their lot getting dirty. (BTW it was really dirty!, They had to clean it for me at the dealer, and even the cleaning guy commented on how dirty it was!)

Now... that being said my CopperEdge does only have 50 miles on it! (that is sooooo cool) so I'm sure as I drive it more I will notice any issues MAY come up. I'm just hoping nothing will. I ran my '95 Explorer to 150,000 miles without one single major issue. I got it when it was 2 years old and it was fantastic almost the whole time. just a couple of minor age relaed repair over time but that was about it. It made the ultimate sacrifice and was traded in on the Edge, I plan on keeping this baby for 150,000 miles as well!

I truely feel bad for you Lex, and for everyone who got a poorly finished and QA'd unit. That would tear my heart out to get home and start seeing problems everywhere.

Anyway thanks to Ford again for making such a great car and thanks for getting mine right, I really wish everyone got one as well put together as mine though... that's all.