Maintenance Question

hey guys,

Didn't know where else to post this where i could get feedback ASAP. Anyway my question is.. I'm about to hit the maintenance point for my edge to bring it back to the dealership. I have about 15,000 miles on it. But My question is how much miles do you have and how many times have you done routine mileage maintance on your edge through ford dealerships?and also how much did you come on your pocket (Pay) for each one if you remember.

Thanks all feed back is greatly appreciated.

hey guys,

Didn't know where else to post this where i could get feedback ASAP. Anyway my question is.. I'm about to hit the maintenance point for my edge to bring it back to the dealership. I have about 15,000 miles on it. But My question is how much miles do you have and how many times have you done routine mileage maintance on your edge through ford dealerships?and also how much did you come on your pocket (Pay) for each one if you remember.

I have 8600 miles on my 2008 AWD factory recommends (7500 mile intervals)

I drive about 600 miles a week so I am following the heavy duty schedule - Or whatever it is called.

Normally I would do my own work *** I was given the Maint. Plan for the first 30,000 as part of the purchase I think the normal cost of the every 5k service plan is $480.00

I have only been in for the 5000 mile service

Drew Ford in El Cajon Ca said the cost of the 15000 mile maint is $55.00

hey guys,

Hi killermaze. :D Unfortunately, you do not mention what Maintenance Schedule you have followed up until now. Are you following the "Normal Maintenance" (7,500 miles) or the "Severe/Heavy Duty" schedule (5,000 miles). How many oil changes and tire rotations have you performed before now, and at how many miles?

Most people can just use the "Normal Schedule". At those intervals (7,500, 15,000, 22,500) the only real maintenance is an oil change (maybe $25 or so) and tire rotation ($10-$20). The Dealer will try to sell you much more, but it is not required, and in most cases not needed.

It will not be until further into your ownership, when you need to begin replacing other filters (air, etc.) and fluids (transmission, coolant, etc.), that the scheduled maintenance will become more expensive. Again, just follow the Maintenance Schedule Booklet from Ford, not what the Dealer recommends. The Dealer will sell you everything including the kitchen sink, if you will fall for it.

Do you have your Maintenance Schedule Booklet which was given to you when you purchased the Edge (if you purchased new)? That booklet explains in detail the schedule and necessary maintenance for each interval.

If you do not have the booklet, you can download a PDF version here: LINK: Maintenance Schedules Just fill in your vehicle information in the drop down boxes and presto! You have a Maintenance Schedule.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530