Limited 20" Wheel Option

djust

The dealer is telling me that to change from 20" wheels to the 18" wheels they have to change the odometer.

I don't know the circumference difference between the 20" wheels with lower profile tires compared to the 18" wheels with there tires.

Anyone know how much difference there really is in the 2.

The dealer is telling me that to change from 20" wheels to the 18" wheels they have to change the odometer.

I don't know the circumference difference between the 20" wheels with lower profile tires compared to the 18" wheels with there tires.

Absolute, total BS. The dealer just doesn't want to swap them.

Hi djust. :D The answer to that question will vary according to what size tire will be on the 18" wheel. What size will the new 18" tires be (and what size were the old 20" tires)?

If you are going from stock 20" wheels/tires to stock 18" wheel tires, an adjustment usually should not be necessary. By stock I mean the OEM factory sizes from Ford.

Even if the odometer does need to be adjusted, it is a quick reprogramming of the computer module. It is not as though they have to remove the old odometer and put in a new one.

Good luck.

PS - The fast fingers of akirby beat me by a minute again! Curses! :shift:

Edited by bbf2530

Okay the dealer says he will swap wheels and adjust odometer and the price is $32,430.00 after rebates.

Blazing Copper Limited

Tow Package

Rubber Mats

Vista Roof

Nav

Liftgate

Cargo Management

20" Wheels which he will swap

Sirus Radio

Vin I think 2FMDK39C78BBO2749

MSRP $37,165.00

What do you think? I can get x-plan pricing but I didn't tell him that yet I think this price may be better!!

Okay the dealer says he will swap wheels and adjust odometer and the price is $32,430.00 after rebates.

Blazing Copper Limited

Tow Package

Rubber Mats

Vista Roof

Nav

Liftgate

Cargo Management

Sirus Radio

MSRP $37,165.00

What do you think? I can get x-plan pricing but I didn't tell him that yet I think this price may be better!!

Hi djust. :D To give an accurate answer to your pricing question we need to know several things. The real VIN (not just what you think it might be) along with the name and ZIP Code of the Dealership.

Does that price of $32,430 include all fees and charges, such as "Documentation Fees", "Dealer Prep Fees", "Computer Usage Fees" etc? Those fees need to be figured into the price to give an accurate answer.

If that price does not include those fees, you need to find out what the total in extra fees and charges will be. Obviously, the bottom line changes if they are tacking on $300-$400-$500-$1,000 in additional fees and charges.

What is the total amount in Rebates/Incentives?

I am assuming that price is also not including Tax, Title and Registration?

Please post the information and answers to the above questions.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

Blazing Copper Limited

Tow Package

Rubber Mats

Vista Roof

Nav

Liftgate

Cargo Management

Sirus Radio

MSRP $37,165.00

I found one that's identical except for the rubber mats. Assuming you're still paying for the 20" wheels....

MSRP $37,045

X plan (after $2750 rebates) $32,014

As bbf2530 pointed out, without X plan you'll be paying at least $300-$400 in documentation fees and potentially other fees as well. With X plan you'll only pay $75. Tax, tag and title are the same.

X plan is not only cheaper, but safer since the dealer isn't allowed to hide any fees or pull any tricks, keep rebates, etc.

Okay haven't talked about extra fees yet.

The zipcode for the dealer is 73123 but I think it is at another dealers lot which has a zipcode of 73099.

He told me the last 5 digits of the vin were 02749 and sent me a copy of the window sticker which had

the number 2FMDK39C78BB02749 on it which is what I think is the vin number but it doesn't say it's the vin number thats why I said I thought that was the vin.

Here in Oklahoma the tax title and registration is done at the tag agency separate from the purchace of the vehicle so those fees will definately be extra.

Name of the dealership I am dealing with is Reynolds Ford of Edmond and I think the vehicle is at Joe Cooper Ford of Yukon.

Incentives are

$500 Customer Cash

$1500 Bonus Cash

$1000 For owning a non ford vehicle.

$3000.00 altogether.

Okay haven't talked about extra fees yet.

The zipcode for the dealer is 73123 but I think it is at another dealers lot which has a zipcode of 73099.

He told me the last 5 digits of the vin were 02749 and sent me a copy of the window sticker which had

the number 2FMDK39C78BB02749 on it which is what I think is the vin number but it doesn't say it's the vin number thats why I said I thought that was the vin.

Here in Oklahoma the tax title and registration is done at the tag agency separate from the purchace of the vehicle so those fees will definately be extra.

Name of the dealership I am dealing with is Reynolds Ford of Edmond and I think the vehicle is at Joe Cooper Ford of Yukon.

Incentives are

$500 Customer Cash

$1500 Bonus Cash

$1000 For owning a non ford vehicle.

$3000.00 altogether.

Hi djust. :D It is at Joe Cooper Ford. The Initial X-Plan price (before Incentives) of that Edge is $34,866 (MSRP is $37,165).

You would be eligible for the same $3,000 in Incentives: $500 Retail Customer Cash, $1500 Bonus Customer Cash, $1000 for owning a non Ford vehicle (if the $1,000 is currently a valid Incentive in your area).

That would give you a Final X-Plan Price of $31,866.

In addition, no extra fees other than the $75 maximum "Documentation Fee".

Can pretty much guarantee that the Dealer will charge much more in fees on that $32,430 Retail (non X-Plan sale).

Hope this information helps.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

It looks like the x-plan is a better deal.

Thanks alot for the info I have an appointment tomorrow morning to

go over my trade.

Now the only problem might be that I have been talking to both dealerships and there is a

posibility that Joe Cooper might try to hang onto it and not let the dealer closer to me have it.

we'll see.

Thanks again for the help

It looks like the x-plan is a better deal.

Thanks alot for the info I have an appointment tomorrow morning to

go over my trade.

Now the only problem might be that I have been talking to both dealerships and there is a

posibility that Joe Cooper might try to hang onto it and not let the dealer closer to me have it.

we'll see.

Thanks again for the help

So just buy it from Joe Cooper - the X plan price is the same everywhere.

Salesman at Joe Cooper Ford keeps making excuses why he can't give me the wheels I want and it's alot farther away from where I live.

If he won't let go of the vehicle I will have to keep at him about the wheels and hope he gives in.

The 2 dealerships are still fighting over the edge I want so in the mean time I am driveing a loaded SEL Blazing Copper with the wheels that are going to be mine if they ever get the right edge to there store!!

I am kind of surprised because I haven't signed anything yet and I have had this edge since friday and so far it has not disappointed me on ride or fit and finish and I love the look of the preminum painted wheels with the copper color.

I have not seen this combination around here yet.

I will keep waiting for them to figure out what they are going to do.

Hopefully they can work it out.

Not sure how long they will let me drive this one until they get the other one or figure out they can't.

OOPS..

As I was saying the dealership is sending someone down to San Antonio to pick up my new Limited Blazing Copper Edge that has the 20" wheel option but are going to swap the wheels out when It gets here with the 18" preminum painted wheels.

My wife has been driving a new edge they gave us friday until ours comes in and she comments everyday when she gets home how much she likes it.

I was surprised that we didn't have to sign anything yet for them to go get it.

I just hope it comes in with no blemishes or anything wrong with it because I told them I would walk away if there was so much as a rock chip when it showed up.

Can't wait!!