Rear window washer tubing info needed. HELP!

BradRB

I cannot find ANY information on how to replace the rear tubing (if it need's to be replaced at all) when active it just trickles out of the hose and out of the weather stripping (it's cracked all to hell. It had sat outside dead for a solid year, or more not being taken care of, but this is irreverent.) I'm almost sure it should be a little stronger. I'm aware that the rear one is not as powerful as the front sprayers. I can't seem to figure out where or how I would even access it if I wanted to do this by myself. Please, anyone with any knowledge on this let me know if I need to take it in and have the dealership handle this, or if this is something I can do by myself! SEND HELP!

Mine just trickled and upon close investigation found the one of the front ones was not working at all. Traced it down to a broken spray unit on the hood.

The hoses make a sharp 90° bend going into the sprayers and the cheap plastic sprayer elbows break off. This meant that most all the washing fluid was squirting free from the broken hose and little pressure avaliable for the the other front, and hardly any for the back (more to overcome, higher elevation).

Replaced both sprayers and all good.

If both front are ok, you would need to pull the headliner to gain access to replace the hose. The most likely cause may be the rear nozzle is partly clogged and the hose is just fine. These nozzles just snap into the hole and you should be able to pry out to change. BUT I don't know how much slack the hose has to permit this.

Edited by enigma-2
  • Like 1

thanks for the reply. my front left nozzle is weak and nothing comes out of the right one, which i attribute to it sitting for over a year not being used lol. I'll replace those and see if it improves the back one any. If the rear tube is clogged could I use a paper clip or something to unclog it? and if worse comes to worse the "headliner" you mentioned is the black plastic part above the break light, correct?

Sorry for the delay, been away. Can't clean the nozzle with a paperclip, must replace. Headliner is basically the ceiling inside the car, not exterior.

I did an older post on how I replaced my front ones, click on link below.

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/23597-windshield-washer-nozzle/?fromsearch=1

I'm betting that you have broken connection on the hood nozzle(s) and that's why the rear is weak. Fix front first. Can get aftermarket nozzles on Amazon.

PT Auto Warehouse WNZ-FO705-F - Windshield Washer Nozzle, Black - Front Left/Right, Set of 2 $13.20

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077VQG2MZ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_4xTOBb19KM1SS

Edited by enigma-2
  • Like 1