Just Bought a 2008 MKX

brewmyown

I just pickedup a new MKX and so far it's a very nice ride. I came out of the store yesterday and a couple were walking around it. When I approached the car they couldn't stop talking about how nice it was..........

Black on Black

Mono package

20" wheels

Roof

THX upgrade (must have)

and a lot more..........

Edited by brewmyown

Nice. The MKX is still pretty exclusive.

I researched the Edge and MKX for a while and although they are not a whole lot different from each other, I like the little luxury items included with the MKX and the 2 years and 14,000 miles longer on the bumper to bumper are nice also.

I traded in a 2006 Navigator for the MKX and I had a 2004 Cadillac SRX before that and so far the MKX is the most fun to drive with the SRX a close 2nd. I would have kept the SRX but I had nothing but problems with the huge sunroof. The MKX (now) and the SRX (then in 2004 first model year) seem to be drawing the same curiosity when people see them.

I took a bath on the Navigator trade but at about 7 - 9 MPG better, it was worth it. Not to mention the $200 less per month payment. I put 20K a year on a car so between, gas ($150 less a month at $3.80 a gallon), payment ($200 less a month) and my lower insurance cost ($300 less a year) I'm saving almost $400 a month.

Congratulations,we picked up a 07 pewter metallic MKX a couple of months ago and absolutely love it.You are right about the luxury items- I also felt that it was a little bit better put together than the Edge.Don't get me wrong, the Edge was great but the hard plastic surfaces felt a little bit cheap.It also helped make our decision when all the awd Edges were sold out and they had this 07 MKX awd with dvd for waaay less than new.Hope your experience is as good as ours has been.

Definitly agree, I like the interior on the MKX a lot more, even though the door panels and etc. are the same they just feel put together better in the MKX, the center stack also looks 23242 times better.

That's how I felt originally, but after test driving and sitting in both I found that I actually preferred the Edge interior design and materials. And I've owned both a Lincoln LS and an Aviator and normally prefer the Lincoln interiors.

:shrug:

I like the satin finish on the door panels a lot more, and the interior seems like it was all designed in unison, I just hate the front clip on the MKX.

Welcome to the party Pal.

I got my white chocolate tri-coat MK X in February. I think it has just about every option except the Limited Edition , but it does have the 20" wheels, charcoal black/maple interior and the towing package. I sure have grown to enjoy satellite radio too. This is a nice riding vehicle.

:shrug:

I like the satin finish on the door panels a lot more, and the interior seems like it was all designed in unison, I just hate the front clip on the MKX.

I wasn't a big fan of the grill myself until I saw one on the lot with the mono package (black grill, available in black ext only). I never saw one until then and I've still never seen another one besides mine. It looks very nice.