Loss of "audiophile" option

Ok. Here is an odd one.

In early April 2008, I took my 2007 Edge in for service under warranty. One of the items that the dealer looked at for me was a mechanical noise that was coming from the radio/CD player at first start-up when the weather was cold. It was not a big deal, as the noise went away after a few minutes, but since the vehicle is under warranty, I thought the dealer should look at it.

Well - the dealer replaced the radio. I was surprised that they did this so quickly, but was happy that it was "fixed". I soon noticed that with the new radio installed, I no longer had bass (or any sound) coming from my subwoofer (I do have the $385 Audiophile CDX option). Oddly enough, I also noticed that I did not have the "Occupancy Mode" option when I scrolled through the audio menu options. The dealer suspected that the problem was due to a defective radio, so one was ordered. I took the Edge in for service today, to have the radio replaced. Today, when the dealer called, they stated that the real problem was a connector that was not connected (I assume a connector to the subwoofer amp??). At this point, I was fairly confident that the isssue was solved. However, I picked up the vehicle and guess what? Still no sound out of the subwoofer and still no "Occupancy Mode".

So, here are my questions: (1) are the radio/6 Cd changers identical in units with the subwoofer option? (2) is the "Occupancy Mode" option tied to whether a subwoofer is present? (3) is this a matter of programming the radio to let it know that a subwoofer option is present? (4) is my dealer totally incompetent?

Any insight would be appreciated.

• 1 year later...
There are several versions of the radio. There is one system that has no subwoofer, so I'm assuming that the radio may be different with no subwoofer connections at all, so probably they ordered the wrong model...Also they need ot be reprogrammed as well...

Just curious why you are responding to a post from over a year ago?