Watching DVD on the touchscreen

Just bought an 08 vapor silver limited and i have a question.

Is it possible to put a regualr dvd in the nav slot and watch a regualr DVD while driving?

Hi 2008vaporlimited. :D No. Due to how dangerous that would be, and the liability problems that would result, that function is not allowed from the factory.

I am not sure if anyone has successfully reprogrammed the unit to allow that function.

Good luck. :beerchug:

The 2009 Nav system in the Escape permits you to watch a dvd while parked, but turns off the video screen when the vehicle is put into gear (you can still listen to the sound if you wish).

I wish they had a co-pilot feature so you could permit someone from the passenger seat to program the Nav while the vehicle was in motion.

if you ground out the parking break wire from the head unit you should be able to. Assuming its a DVD unit. This is a common practice for aftermarket dvd players also, I wired my dvd head unit to a switch in the pocket under the radio to flip in case I get pulled over. Its nice for the passanger to watch and use the nav while I drive.

• 4 months later...
Just bought an 08 vapor silver limited and i have a question.

Is it possible to put a regualr dvd in the nav slot and watch a regualr DVD while driving?

No you cannot. If you put a regular DVD into the NAV SLOT, it will simply tell you to check the disc, and that it cant read it. Go try it, it wont damage anything and it will confirm what i'm saying.

Someone in here did a recent mod that lets them use the NAV screen to display an aftermarket reverse cam and it also give you 1 extra video input (may it be for DVD player, or for PS3)...whatever you wanna use it.

I dont remember the name of the person here, but here's the link to the website this DIY product:

http://www.avelectronic.com/NavigationVide...0Interface.html

REad it up... I think it'll help you accomplish what you're trying to do. Unfortunately there's no cheap way to do it. You have to spend a couple of bucks.