Got some pictures up finally!!

Andry

I put up pictures on my profile gallery. Stuff I have done and stuff I'd like to add and stuff that's being swapped out.....

I added but will be replaced:

1. AVS Side Window Deflectors - Switching them out with Ford ones, I did not like these glued on ones.

2. Front AVS Bug Shield - Again swapping for Edge brand and even then might not keep it at all, I don't really like the looks of it which the only reason I bought it. for the sporty look.

3. Custom Katzkin Leather Seats - Getting front two seats replaced because I requested the Katzkin be printed on the leather not their entire company name. It's enough that I'm already giving them some free advertisement, they had to go and ruin it. They will be replaced next week.

Taking off/replacing:

1. I don't like the look of the racks and have a feeling I will never use them, so I'm taking them off. Not sure if I will sell them yet though.

2. Would like to replace the wheels with bigger ones, but maybe next year.

3. Would like to replace the stereo because I didn't want to pay for Sync, but I do want a USB connection for my Ipod. :-(

4. Will probably replace the camel mats that it came with with something else.

Purchased but not using:

1. I purchased the side door moldings, but I will not be putting them on after all. Do not like the looks of it when I taped them on....see pictures. I think I will risk going without them. (door dings) I will send them back if I don't find anyone in Houston who wants them.

Waiting for delivery:

1. Bumper Protector - will add when it gets here.

Added:

1. Side door protectors.

2. Weathertech Cargo Liner

3. Black carpeting because it was camel.

4. Covered the center console as well because it was camel too.

Pictures on my Gallery and a couple here:

gallery_3857_143_19020.jpg

gallery_3857_143_33995.jpg

gallery_3857_143_1384.jpg

gallery_3857_143_57086.jpg

gallery_3857_143_24040.jpg

Edited by Andry

How much were those katzkin seat covers, i like them.

If you go to one of their retailers you can probably get some between $900 to $1500 installed. It depends what you want. There are many options. There are also nicer leathers, I got their lowest end. They have their Suede Skins that are really nice and only about $100 more. Go to their website to find more info... www.katzkin.com. They actually tear off the cloth to install these. They don't look like covers at all. Really nice.

I got mine through the actual dealer. I paid $1300 I do believe although I would have gotten them included for free had I gone with the upgraded SE that had Sync and Satelite radio etc. They had added the leather package that would be installed for the discounted price they were already giving me for the car. But I still got a good deal on this one at $23K+Leather $24K. Not bad.

Edited by Andry

Yes, the Katzkin labeling is really tacky, unless you work for them and got them for free.

very nice otherwise.

Exactly why we didn't get this

:rolleyes:

tacky package.

Package Contains:

20-Inch Chrome-Clad Aluminum Wheels

Chrome Door Handles

"Limited Edition" Vehicle Badge

Premium Leather-Trimmed Seats in Charcoal Black with Medium Stone Inserts and Piping

Stitched Lincoln Star on First-Row Head Restraints

Fineline Ebony Wood Grain Appliqués For Instrument Panel Passenger Side, Front/Rear Door Trim and Steering Wheel

Ebony Floor Carpet and Premium Floor Mats with Logo

P245/50R20 A/S Tires

Unique Lincoln Star Etched Headlamp Lenses

Monochromatic Black Body Color Grille

disclaimer: we don't work for Ford and definitely didn't get it for free.

Edited by ablb

tacky package.

Package Contains:

Chrome Door Handles

Premium Leather-Trimmed Seats in Charcoal Black with Medium Stone Inserts and Piping

Fineline Ebony Wood Grain Appliqués For Instrument Panel Passenger Side, Front/Rear Door Trim and Steering Wheel

P245/50R20 A/S Tires

So you think it will be tacky even just leaving the Katzkin without the letters that follow? I kind of like it. Maybe I'm a tacky person though. I had the option of putting on my own logo, but since I do not keep my cars very long, after a few years I figured nobody wanted a car with my logo stitched in the seat. I thought it looked sportier with the Katzkin letters, as long as they take off the other line and lettering underneath.

tacky package.

Package Contains:

Chrome Door Handles

P245/50R20 A/S Tires

Riiight, because you bought that package aftermarket? What does the name of the company that made the leather have any relation to trim badging on the Edge? None at all.

If they put this on AFTERmarket, it's nothing but advertising for the company that made them, and it's not easy on the eyes anyway.