New SEL awd

Tmkromie

Just bought a new 2017 sel awd 3.5. (Yes a new 2017 in November of 2018) Dealer said it was just leftover. But I got it for 25,000 out the door with 50 miles on it so I figured it was a ok deal. I like it so far. But after reading about the water pump location and ptu issues I’m a little worried about reliability. I’ve had Toyota’s in the past. The low price is why I bought it honestly. I really hope this is a good vehicle as I want to keep it a long time. 

Thanks. I am glad to know the ptu has a drain plug. This will be mostly used for road trips back home (military family). I will be sure to change the ptu fluid every 20k and coolant every 30k. Maybe once a year since I am a worrier about maintenance lol. This sure is a thirsty suv tho. About 17 mpg so far hope it gets better as it gets broken in more. 

It will get better mpg the more highway it sees LOL.  But with good habits, you can easily eke out more than the rated mpg for sure.  Have no problems doing it on my 07, I don't see why a 17 would be any different in that regard.  I have found little to no reason to use 0W20 oil either in case you were considering it.  5W20 works great with the 3.5 ...

And thank you for your service!  :salute:

Edited by WWWPerfA_ZN0W