oh baby, so this is what it feels like

oakjefferson

First new car ever being picked up tomorrow, '08 SEL black on Black in Toronto. Moving from a 2001 Aztek. From bridesmaid to bride in a weekend.

We've been looking at the Edge for the last year. Test drove a bunch of other stuff throughout (patriot, rogue, escape, cx-7, vue, journey, CR-V, Liberty, Nitro, Rav-4, RJ, jeez, I didn't realize it was that many) the year. Bought the Aztek 3 years ago as a GM certified, thankfully got the extended warranty. $20,000 GM dollars later the warranty just ran out. We were nervous about driving it any longer (especially since the tranny was begining to act up) but thought one more year might do the trick. My damn parents had to go buy an Edge limited last Wednesday though and one quick drive around town in that sealed the deal for us.

Whew, lots of rambling. Anyways, good bye GM, hello Ford, hello my new love. Gotta love how much stuff the Edge comes standard with, it's what really pulled us to it. The one thing I would have liked to get from the limited was the upgraded stereo but for someone not an optional purchase on the SEL. The unit we got had roof rails, floor mats ($90, really?) and the reverse sensor which I'm curious to try out. It's a feature I wouldn't have factory ordered but should come in handy during the winter months as I back into the garage.

One thing I couldn't figure out throughout this process, how can Jeep sell anything when their lease rates are double everyone else, import or domestic. 6.9% on a patriot? good god.

Anyways, glad to be here as an owner after a year of trolling in the background wishing/wanting. From the looks of the number of Edge's I see on the road I'm going to have a lot more company out there then I did with the Aztek,

First new car ever being picked up tomorrow, '08 SEL black on Black in Toronto. Moving from a 2001 Aztek. From bridesmaid to bride in a weekend.

We've been looking at the Edge for the last year. Test drove a bunch of other stuff throughout (patriot, rogue, escape, cx-7, vue, journey, CR-V, Liberty, Nitro, Rav-4, RJ, jeez, I didn't realize it was that many) the year. Bought the Aztek 3 years ago as a GM certified, thankfully got the extended warranty. $20,000 GM dollars later the warranty just ran out. We were nervous about driving it any longer (especially since the tranny was begining to act up) but thought one more year might do the trick. My damn parents had to go buy an Edge limited last Wednesday though and one quick drive around town in that sealed the deal for us.

Whew, lots of rambling. Anyways, good bye GM, hello Ford, hello my new love. Gotta love how much stuff the Edge comes standard with, it's what really pulled us to it. The one thing I would have liked to get from the limited was the upgraded stereo but for someone not an optional purchase on the SEL. The unit we got had roof rails, floor mats ($90, really?) and the reverse sensor which I'm curious to try out. It's a feature I wouldn't have factory ordered but should come in handy during the winter months as I back into the garage.

One thing I couldn't figure out throughout this process, how can Jeep sell anything when their lease rates are double everyone else, import or domestic. 6.9% on a patriot? good god.

Anyways, glad to be here as an owner after a year of trolling in the background wishing/wanting. From the looks of the number of Edge's I see on the road I'm going to have a lot more company out there then I did with the Aztek,

Welcome to the forum, admit i`m kinda new too, but i with you on the gm to ford conversion, was eying an acadia and was just waiting for 0% financing and it never happened, so my wife made me look at the edge, one drive and i was sold, plus the limited we got, cost as much as the entry level AWD we were looking at anyways!!! been very happy, had it two weeks now and lovin it!!

Jeez i didn`t know jeeps financing was so high!! thats why there prices are so much lower! oh-well, its just a jeep.

what colour did you get? got pics?

Acadia's a big vehicle, you'll be happy at the pump over the next few years you went with the Edge. Did you get AWD on the Edge?

It's black on black, no pic's yet but it's as stock as you can get + roof rails (which is still gorgeous)

Yeah, the Jeep's are pretty cheap but when I did the math both with Xplan pricing and the lower rate, it was honestly almost a wash. I guess people are still lining up for the Jeep's though if they can keep it that high

Acadia's a big vehicle, you'll be happy at the pump over the next few years you went with the Edge. Did you get AWD on the Edge?

It's black on black, no pic's yet but it's as stock as you can get + roof rails (which is still gorgeous)

Yeah, the Jeep's are pretty cheap but when I did the math both with Xplan pricing and the lower rate, it was honestly almost a wash. I guess people are still lining up for the Jeep's though if they can keep it that high

Yup got an AWD limited, its got everything on it, going to get some chrome stuff for it like bug deflector, ventshades, all in time though...

i really liked the black edge but the wifes had a black car for 8 years so she wanted a change, the vapour silver is awsome, doesn`t show much dust on it!

Wife liked the white, but same as you, it was the colour we already had. It was Black or the Silver you got, but in the end the one they had on the lot we negotiated on was black.

I'm moving from a AWD to a FWD. A little to save money on the front end and a little to save money on the backend (less weight, a little better gas mileage.). I'm hoping the Canadian winter doesn't make me regret it.

• 1 month later...

Great choice. I also test drtove about every SUV and CUV out there. I don't mean to rag on your old ride, but an AZTEK?????? :wacko: Just picking on you. Hell I drove my Jeep Grand Cherokee for 15 years, so it had seen better days when I traded it in. Have fun living on teh EDGE.

• 1 month later...
The EDGE feels huge when I jump out of it and into the CX-7, I sat in an Acadia( wow the panel alignment was worse than in my EDGE ) and it also had a smaller feel to it. The EDGE has an airy feeling to make people feel smaller or for wider frames I guess.

I work in GM dealer but we have a Ford store . I would never consider an Aztek . My wife will get her new Edge within the next week ,waiting on withdrawal of some investments to get the papers final . Drove it and we both fell in love with it . We considered an Equinox but couldn't find a cloth interior locally so went with the EDGE SE . My wife can't stand leather seats ,but at least that means she doesn't drive my Audi much. I'm also an Audiworld forum and Nissan forum member. I hope to be able to find some good resources here and offer my knowledge from 25+ yrs in the parts and service business . We have 17 makes available in our company and its to Ford's credit we decided to buy another of their products after 12 yrs of no blue ovals in my garage.

Edited by BLACK ICE