ESP coverage help

I own a 2013 Edge.  In September my Edge had a transmission issue.  The dealer closest to my house was unable to see my Edge for 4 weeks.  I called Ford and they suggested going to the next further dealer which is 60 miles from my house.  I had the Edge towed there and picked up a rental locally.   The dealer repaired my Edge and I was told I would be charged for the repair (transmission lines) I informed them it should be covered by the ESP plan I have.  I ended up paying for the repair.  When I get my Edge back it was still leaking transmission fluid.  I made another appointment at the same dealer to have it checked.  I kept the rental as I did not want to cause damage driving with the transmission leak.  The dealer informed my it would be ok to drive the vehicle to the dealership to check the leak..  I returned the rental and brought the vehicle to the dealer.  I had the rental a total of 10 days.  They found that the trans cooler/AC condenser was cracked, the dealer supplied my with a loaner car while this 2nd repair was done.  I spoke to the service manager about having the entire repair and my rental cost reimbursed as it should be covered under the ESP which also included "enhanced rental"  After 2 months of haggling the dealer and writing a letter to the road side assistance explaining everything I have gotten the repair covered (dealer) and most of the towing charges covered (roadside assistance).  Ford however is making me run in circles calling different numbers and the dealer claiming to have submitted the claim twice for the rental car.  When I spoke to Ford Protect they see the repair claim but state there was no rental claim submitted, they agree that it should be covered and the dealer should submit it.  They even informed my to give the dealer a phone number and they would assist them in submitting the claim.  I have called the dealer several times informing them of this and I was assured that they would be submitting the claim.   Is the dealer the only way to get the claim actually submitted?  Is there anywhere else to go or call to try and recoup the rental car cost?   It seems very difficult to get issues resolved with Ford.

Ford can only go by what the dealer submits.  It sounds like the dealer is doing something wrong.  If all else fails ask the dealer to call the number Ford gave you while you’re with the dealership employee.   If they insist that they’ve submitted the claim ask for a picture of the screen confirming that it was submitted so you can take that back to Ford.

Sounds like the problem is that he paid out of pocket and has to be reimbursed (understandable given the circumstances) whereas I would assume normally the repairing dealer would simply provide the loaner on their dime.   Still, CJ does seem to be an appropriate description at this point but I still think the problem is with the dealer.

• Like 1

I wonder what happen if the OP contacted Ford's regional manager. I know ESP is a separate entity.  This issue requires as much visibility as possible. It seems that the dealer does not want to do 1 of two things. Either refund the OP directly, or submit the receipt to ESP so they can refund the OP. Either way the onus is on the dealer.

I'm still in contact with the dealer.  On the jan 2nd I was assured the claim has been submitted.  On the 3rd I called the ESP assistance line and they see no claim.  I called the dealer and was given an excuse that maybe the email address was wrong and they would look into it.  I gave the dealer the claims assistance number that the ESP people gave me and requested that they call the number to resolve the issue.  The assistance line can see the repair order and that i had paid for the repair and that the repair was sent in for a claim and already paid but they see no submission for the rental, when I explain the whole situation to them they agree that it should be covered but the dealer has to submit for it.  At the time of my car trouble I needed a car to get to work and back and had no choice but go and get the rental on my own.  I was hoping that since my ESP has the enhanced rental option on it it would not be much of an issue to get it covered.  

• 3 weeks later...

Final update.  About 2 weeks ago I initiated an online chat at the Ford Owners site.  I received a phone call from a district customer service manager.  The service manager wanted me to submit all my receipts and such for the rental.  I explained that the dealer had all the receipts and she said she would contact them then call me back a week later.  Before she called me back I received a check from the dealer for the full amount of my rental expense.  She did call me back saying that she had given approval to the dealer to reimburse me.  Finally after 4 months of running in circles with this it is final.

• Like 3