Autolock and Autounlock malfunction

Has anyone else had a problem with Autolock and Autounlock? It seems the locking system in my '07 Edge will not hold these programs in the memory for more than a few days/weeks and then they deprogram themselves. I've taken it to the Ford dealer four times and they just can't figure it out. Last time they replaced the PCM module per Ford Helpline technicians, as all attempts to locate loose connections failed. They reprogrammed it and it has worked fine for three weeks, until yesterday it stopped working again. I know that I can reprogram it per the owner's manual, but something is not working right in the system. Any ideas out there?

• 1 month later...
Has anyone else had a problem with Autolock and Autounlock? It seems the locking system in my '07 Edge will not hold these programs in the memory for more than a few days/weeks and then they deprogram themselves. I've taken it to the Ford dealer four times and they just can't figure it out. Last time they replaced the PCM module per Ford Helpline technicians, as all attempts to locate loose connections failed. They reprogrammed it and it has worked fine for three weeks, until yesterday it stopped working again. I know that I can reprogram it per the owner's manual, but something is not working right in the system. Any ideas out there?

Hey! Yes I have a 2007 Edge SEL Plus AWD and have had simular problems with the autolocks and unlocks shutting themselves off whenever they feel like it. From about December of last year I have been having this problem, I have had it to the dealer at least 5 or 6 times and I can't reproduce the problem and they can't seem to do it either. They look at me like I have 3 heads when I tell them this keeps happening and I keep resetting it. Have you noticed any pattern as to when the autolocks and unlocks seem to shut off? Mine seem to shut off when I either unlock the doors with the drivers side unlock button inside the vehicle, when its running, and I get out and open the second row door. In the last 2 months the locks have not shut themselves off, but I have not used the back seat doors or had to unlock the doors from inside. I have my granddaughters during the school year and that's usually when I seem to use the second row doors more, and September is right around the corner so we'll see if the same results start as soon as I use those doors more ofter. The dealer says they have checked what they can check and will not change out any parts till they can reproduce the problem.....Have you had any other problems with your Edge?

• 7 months later...

I think I figured out recently what causes the autolock and autounlock features to deprogram themselves in my '07 Edge SE. If the autolock and autounlock features are both "on" and working as they should and I change the Auto Lights headlights off delay (seen as "AL" on the odometer readout) to change the delay time for the headlights to turn off after exiting the vehicle, this action somehow deprograms the autolock and autounlock features. I can't figure it out. Now, however, I have something concrete to show the dealer that something is definitely not right. I discovered this recently and have tried it a few times and sure enough, it deprogams the locking and unlocking features. On my SE you change the headlights delay time by pushing the trip odometer stem that sticks out of the instrument cluster when the car is off and the key is in the Run position. It appears as "AL" followed by 10, 20, 30, 60 seconds etc. Think I'll post this as a new topic.