Replacing/Swapping Rear Light Bar

Hi guys!

I just bought a 2018 SEL and realized that the rear light bar on the trunk lid doesn't light up light the Platinum trim. So my question:

- Has anyone here swapped out their non-working light bar with a functioning light bar? (I have an option to buy a light bar from a 2018 Platinum Trim Model)

- If so, care to share the details?

Thanks in advance! 

The difference is not only the center light bar, even the side lights are different. It will require changing all 3 light assemblies plus some as built data changes to the body control module to get them to work properly. 

There are several threads on this topic, here is one I found:

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/18/2019 at 10:12 PM, EliasCC512 said:

Hi guys!

I just bought a 2018 SEL and realized that the rear light bar on the trunk lid doesn't light up light the Platinum trim. So my question:

- Has anyone here swapped out their non-working light bar with a functioning light bar? (I have an option to buy a light bar from a 2018 Platinum Trim Model)

- If so, care to share the details?

Thanks in advance! 

if you just want more visibility in the rear for oncoming traffic, why not some strips of red LEDs? I put these on my hitch

leds on hitch.jpg