Cranks but won't start

Mike K

I have a 2011 Ford edge it stopped on my wife the other day it started missing and then cut off. I replaced the fuel pump and fuel pump control module and still won't start it does crank just won't start. I checked to see if it had a spark and it does.I also just noticed the brake lights aren't working the top brake light is working but the other two doesn't.

Always best to follow a diagnostic approach, which could have saved you the cost of a fuel pump and control module.

First thing to try is a squirt of starter fluid, and if it runs on that it's a fuel delivery problem, if not, then start looking at valve timing etc.

Check for error codes - Autozone will loan a code reader to you if you prefer not buying one.

What engine?

What's the mileage, and service record, oil change intervals, spark plugs, ............. the more pertinent information you provide, the more likely you'll receive meaningful suggestions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike K said:

I did pour some gas in the throttle body and it started I put new spark plugs in about a week before it stopped I changed oil every 5000 miles it has 167000 miles on it the only other thing I've did was replace the transfer case

1 hour ago, Mike K said:

Also I have a obd2 scanner and it didn't have any codes

A tip, when you come looking for advice at a place like this, take just a little time and effort to describe what you've already tried, and the results.

Edited by 1004ron
  • Like 1