Just purchased 2016 Ford Edge Sport

Cindy19

I’m in the Chicago area and we are under a deep freeze.... schools cancelled, businesses closed, everyone urged to stay home. My car is in my garage and won’t be moving out for anytime soon. It’s just white... no stripes or logos on the car... ?.

im trying to update my Sync3 software from v2 to v3. According to the directions, the car must be running with my iPhone plugged into the cars USB port for about 1 hour...?  I had my iPhone plugged into the cars USB port with the engine on and I couldn’t get the phone synced. I’m assuming because I need to download Sync 3...???

Ouch I saw the news reports. Chi town is definitely experiencing a deep freeze!  Do not use your iPhone. Use a blank regular USB drive preferably 8gb or higher formatted with FAT32.  Once you have the software downloaded and extracted on your drive then you can use it in your car. The manual states that it takes about .5 hr or so. But in the past I have found that its usually 15-20 min.

HTH

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/30/2019 at 3:57 PM, onyxbfly said:

Ouch I saw the news reports. Chi town is definitely experiencing a deep freeze!  Do not use your iPhone. Use a blank regular USB drive preferably 8gb or higher formatted with FAT32.  Once you have the software downloaded and extracted on your drive then you can use it in your car. The manual states that it takes about .5 hr or so. But in the past I have found that its usually 15-20 min.

HTH

Thanks! I actually got my Sync 3 successfully updated. To version 3.0!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MaX83_ZA said:

Best thing to do in a deep freeze, is take that EcoBeast out for a drive! We are also in the grip of that polar vortex (-32C without windchill....)

Congrats on the new ride!

Thank you. Yes... it seems to drive fine in our snowy conditions.

i have experienced my left windshield blade intermittently “studdering” across windshield. Today the 2 blades litterly almost locked up together since the left blade is not functioning correctly. Any suggestions?