wheel/tire info?

ok, well i think i finally narrowed it down to the wheels and tires i want for my wife's Edge. they are the new Sport Edition wheels from Tire Rack that look like old style muscle car wheels. i will be running the 20x9 with 275/45/20 General Grabber UGP's. i think this will be a nice additon to the Edge. plus i am going to be doing an old school muscle car theme with it. the ? i have, i know i need the TPMS sensors, and i don't really want to use the factory stuff as i want to keep them mounted and balanced for winter. so will the SCT tuner wipe out the TPMS light if the sensors are not used? i know on the mustangs, the tuner will wipe out the MIL light if you don't use the MIL eliminators. just wondering if the SCT tuner has the same capabilities for the TPMS? does anybody on here know? i would like to have the tuner anywhere, and if it will eliminate the TPMS light from lighting up, it will have a double benefit to me. i appreciate any help with this thanks!

ok, well i think i finally narrowed it down to the wheels and tires i want for my wife's Edge. they are the new Sport Edition wheels from Tire Rack that look like old style muscle car wheels. i will be running the 20x9 with 275/45/20 General Grabber UGP's. i think this will be a nice additon to the Edge. plus i am going to be doing an old school muscle car theme with it. the ? i have, i know i need the TPMS sensors, and i don't really want to use the factory stuff as i want to keep them mounted and balanced for winter. so will the SCT tuner wipe out the TPMS light if the sensors are not used? i know on the mustangs, the tuner will wipe out the MIL light if you don't use the MIL eliminators. just wondering if the SCT tuner has the same capabilities for the TPMS? does anybody on here know? i would like to have the tuner anywhere, and if it will eliminate the TPMS light from lighting up, it will have a double benefit to me. i appreciate any help with this thanks!

Hi Purple07. :D No, it will not eliminate the TPMS warning. There is a separate "TPMS Reset Tool" you will need to purchase. You can purchase it for about $20 or so. But it will not eliminate the warning light permanently. It only resets the TPMS system when new wheels are mounted, new sensors added, etc.

If I am reading your post correctly, you do not plan on buying the sensors for your new wheels? If that is correct, your TPMS warning light will constantly light up, even with the reset tool. My understanding is that there is no separate fuse to pull to eliminate the light. Your choice will be to buy the sensors, ignore the light, or place a piece of tape over it so you can't see it.

You might be better off buying the sensors. Just my opinion.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530