ATT/LG Vu?

Hey all...I used to have Verizon and had the Voyager..it worked fine with the SYNC, and I even made a thread on here about it...

I recently switched to ATT wireless and bought the LG Vu.

when I try to sync my phone and sync together, my phone finds Sync, and Sync acts as if it finds my phone, But, my phone name never appears on the navi screen, AND my phone never connects, although it says "connected".

It really is not connected because it is not showing up on my navi, and if I try to make a call, it is still completely via my phone...

Anyone else know what this could be, or how I can correct it, or if it is correctable?

Thanks!

Hey all...I used to have Verizon and had the Voyager..it worked fine with the SYNC, and I even made a thread on here about it...

I recently switched to ATT wireless and bought the LG Vu.

when I try to sync my phone and sync together, my phone finds Sync, and Sync acts as if it finds my phone, But, my phone name never appears on the navi screen, AND my phone never connects, although it says "connected".

It really is not connected because it is not showing up on my navi, and if I try to make a call, it is still completely via my phone...

Anyone else know what this could be, or how I can correct it, or if it is correctable?

Thanks!

That phone isn't listed on the Tested Phones chart. Did you give the phone a bluetooth name? Did you enable Bluetooth? Did you check for a firmware update for the phone?

That phone isn't listed on the Tested Phones chart. Did you give the phone a bluetooth name? Did you enable Bluetooth? Did you check for a firmware update for the phone?

Hey akirby...

No I know it isnt listed, it is a very new phone...Just came out last month...

I did all of the above besides check for the firmware update for the phone because the phone is so new I did not figure I needed to...

Blutooth was on, and is already named...

I have not had a phone yet that was not compatible with my SYNC, until now....and I can't figure out why it would not work...

Like I said...it seems strange...like it is halfway connecting, but then does not really connect to SYNC...

I dunno...

Hey akirby...

No I know it isnt listed, it is a very new phone...Just came out last month...

I did all of the above besides check for the firmware update for the phone because the phone is so new I did not figure I needed to...

Blutooth was on, and is already named...

I have not had a phone yet that was not compatible with my SYNC, until now....and I can't figure out why it would not work...

Like I said...it seems strange...like it is halfway connecting, but then does not really connect to SYNC...

I dunno...

The phone itself could be defective - don't rule that out.

The phone itself could be defective - don't rule that out.

yeah, it could be....but...Ithe BT function seems to connect fine with other things..other phones and headsets and so forth..

ANyone out there have a phone that is NOT compatible with SYNC?

If so, what does it do to let you know it is not compatible?

• 5 months later...

Hi aKirby,

I have just taken delivery of 2009 Lincoln MKX (same as Ford Edge) and it won't SYNC with my AT&T LG VU. I am encountering

the exact same connection issues you describe. Did you ever find a fix? It is a new phone and I have 30 days to exchange

but I really like it and am hoping to keep it. I actually printed the 'tested' phone list and brought it with me to phone store and

I think every phone except one was obsolete so the list was of no use. Just like you, I thougt if the phone had bluetooth and

up to date features it would work (does connect fine in my Toyota). Any suggestions???? Or, did you give up?????? Thanks!

Vicki

Hi aKirby,

I have just taken delivery of 2009 Lincoln MKX (same as Ford Edge) and it won't SYNC with my AT&T LG VU. I am encountering

the exact same connection issues you describe. Did you ever find a fix? It is a new phone and I have 30 days to exchange

but I really like it and am hoping to keep it. I actually printed the 'tested' phone list and brought it with me to phone store and

I think every phone except one was obsolete so the list was of no use. Just like you, I thougt if the phone had bluetooth and

up to date features it would work (does connect fine in my Toyota). Any suggestions???? Or, did you give up?????? Thanks!

Vicki

That wasn't me - it was npggirl. Make sure the phone has the latest firmware and also make sure that Sync has the latest version (it should but you never know).

Did you check the syncmyride forums?