2018 edge SEL water on pass floor

Hello all, I just purchased a 2018 Edge SEL on Saturday. It is CPO and only has 16,000 miles on it. The day I purchased the car it was raining and when we test drove it we noticed some water on the passenger floor and thought maybe the window just got left down. Got the car home and used a shop vac and towels to dry it. Three days later without rain the floor is sopping wet again. Only thing I can think of is clogged AC condensate line. Anyone know where this is located?

Yes it is, but I didn’t want to take it to the dealer if it’s something small and simple that I could handle on my own. Hour round trip to my closest ford dealer, and I only get

one day off a week if I’m lucky. I do have an update though. I dropped the glove box and took a look back in there and the padded insulation is wet all the way up to the A pillar. I had heard of a leak in this location on the older ones but not one this new. The attached photo is a view of the insulation just to the right of the air box, damp to the touch. 

Another her question though, how absorbent is that insulation? I had originally suspected that they accidentally left the window down on the dealer lot and it rained a lot. Is it possible that water raining in onto the dash could have saturated the insulation and it is just residual slowly running down through the insulation and puddling on the lowest point of the floor?

My suspicion for the window being down is I also found water puddles in the little tray that runs the length of the passenger seat on the right side, and that sits higher than the floor level. 

4404F80C-5395-4505-BE78-B712B9E7AB82.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to give an update for others who experience a similar issue. I took the car to the dealer and had them check for a source of the water. They determined that the windshield seal was leaking near the passenger side “A” pillar and then running down and soaking into the insulation, which soaked it up like a sponge and ended up being saturated all the way back to the rear seat are. The dealer is replacing the windshield seat and removed all the carpet and insulation from the vehicle. After performing an inspection of the insulation they found mold growing in it. As of right now they have ordered a new carpet and insulation kit for  the car and will be replacing it all. Dealer also provided a loaner vehicle while all this is being done (2018 F150 3.5 ECO)

• Like 1