Enhanced Exhaust Tone in the Cabin - OFF, Update

Sage

I requested info from Ford, through my Service Advisor, on how to dis-able the enhanced exhaust tone in the cabin while in "Sport" mode.  Also, kudos to my Service Advisor for working with me on this.  The attached shows a couple of replies from Ford with a couple of possible ways.  It will only take a couple of minutes to read the two replies from Ford.  Hopefully it will be readable as it is pretty small print.

ST Edge ACM.png

Edited by Sage
Header update
  • Like 4

OK, per all of the above.  I did see one forum member state they changed the code (per the above post), but could not really tell a difference.  Maybe there were some others that documented that it worked and I just miss it.  I wanted to see if Ford could come up with something.  Also, since I do not have the interface/part or forscan itself to use (I do not have a windows laptop either) to change the code listed above, I decided to see what the dealer could do for me.  

The dealers price was not that much more than me getting everything else to change a code.  I do not plan on doing anything else that could be possible with forscan, just a personal choice.  If I ever change my mind, there are great resources on this forum.  

I let the dealer turn off the ANC and ESE and I feel that worked.  Also, the tech stated he could disable ANC and ESE separate from each other.  Not really knowing for sure which might be better, I had him disable both.  For me, the dealer did it with information from Ford and documented what they did.  Now I do not have any concern with Ford stating I changed their software, which caused any issues that could come up later.  I realize one could change a code back using forscan, but not easy if one is traveling away from home.

I have been activating sport mode at different speeds and I do not hear any enhanced tone from the cabin speakers.  The change the dealer did for me worked as far as I can tell.  I still suggest, if you want to try the changes, talk to your dealer and see if they can verify what I found out.  My ST was a very early build and who knows what may have changed.

Edited by Sage