08 Transmission Issue

Spikeit

Hey all. Yes I'm new here and have an issue that hopefully someone can help with. My transmission will sometimes not shift out of first gear and at times won't engage reverse. I've found if I turn it off, wait a minute or so, start it then drive away and it shifts fine as though nothing happened. I'm thinking a computer/software issue? Has anyone else experienced this and what's the fix? Thx!

Welcome!  What is the mileage on your Edge?

These are the first signs that the TSS/OSS sensors are failing.  A good time to verify that the range sensor, solenoid body assembly, and valve body are in good working order, since they all will be accessible at the time the sensors are replaced, with not a lot of additional labor.  My guess is that the solenoid body is also on its way out, since you mentioned the reverse issue.

As long as the fluid is in the pink of health, that should be the extent of the work required.  As always, check fluid level and condition first before delving deeper.

Edited by WWWPerfA_ZN0W

19 hours ago, WWWPerfA_ZN0W said:

Welcome!  What is the mileage on your Edge?

These are the first signs that the TSS/OSS sensors are failing.  A good time to verify that the range sensor, solenoid body assembly, and valve body are in good working order, since they all will be accessible at the time the sensors are replaced, with not a lot of additional labor.  My guess is that the solenoid body is also on its way out, since you mentioned the reverse issue.

As long as the fluid is in the pink of health, that should be the extent of the work required.  As always, check fluid level and condition first before delving deeper.

Thanks for the welcome and appreciate the response and helpful info. I've looked online and see problems with the TSS/OSS are pretty common so that's where I'll start. The fluid is pink/healthy and the Edge has I believe 150k miles on it.