Misfire Leads to new Engine

basment

My 2018 Sport with 7100 miles is now in the Dealer's shop awaiting a new engine.

On Monday morning upon startup I noticed a misfire/minor vibration which went away as soon as I started driving. No engine light on dash so I chalked it up to a cold engine. The next morning I again had a slight misfire on first startup which again went away as I drove a few blocks to mail a package. Upon returning to the vehicle and starting it I had a check engine light continuously lit. Shutting off and restarting did not make the light go away. I drove to the Dealer, which is a couple miles from my house, but they were backed up and could not fit me in and asked I come back  first thing this morning.  I did and dropped off the car.
  I then got a call from the service advisor a few hours later who informed me a new engine was needed. I will get more details when I stop up there later but I was told that upon checking the problem cylinder with a bore scope they found the inside soaked in oil and also possibly coolant. Because the car is less then 12 months old and still under primary warranty I am to be given a loaner car and the advisor sees no problem with a new long block once required paperwork is filed.

The car has never been tuned or modified, has only had full synthetic oil changes (2), and I use Shell V-Power 93 fuel almost exclusively.

I have no idea how many weeks/time this will take to get it back. ......

bug.jpg

• Sad 1

UPDATE

Advisor wasn't sure but believes it was #2 cylinder that was bad. They are going to push Ford for a new crate engine. Advisor stated they had a 1.5 eco need replacing last month and a 2.7 in a F150 with 30K right before that. Dealership believes my case to be a manufacturing defect. We shall see. I was told if they get a replace order  once paperwork is complete it could be at least 2 weeks minimum for the new engine to arrive if one is available per their experience........

4 hours ago, basment said:

UPDATE

Advisor wasn't sure but believes it was #2 cylinder that was bad. They are going to push Ford for a new crate engine. Advisor stated they had a 1.5 eco need replacing last month and a 2.7 in a F150 with 30K right before that. Dealership believes my case to be a manufacturing defect. We shall see. I was told if they get a replace order  once paperwork is complete it could be at least 2 weeks minimum for the new engine to arrive if one is available per their experience........

Damn dude....best of luck!