Powder coating factory 21’s

Rob0381

I am having a problem with two of the factory 21 inch wheels on my 15 sport, paint flaking off. I have never hit anything or curb-checked them so it’s extremely frustrating to see the paint essentially falling off. I had an Altima with factory 18 in wheels, which I had powder coated gloss black and they looked fantastic. I was going to leave them as is, but with the paint coming off I am thinking of doing the same with these 21’s. I have read about some issues with the previous edge sport 22 in wheels cracking/breaking. My question is...is anyone aware of these same type of issues with the 21’s? The last thing I want to do is cause problems by powder coating if there’s already some known issues with the strength of the wheels. 

Larger wheels usually crack and brake due to a lower sidewall tire used and thus they are more prone to coming in contract with potholes and sharp edges.  we have many folks on here that have bent the 21's.

I have a nice set of 20's with new rubber if you are looking for an alternative.  

Edited by Special_K

On 6/13/2019 at 9:25 AM, Special_K said:

Larger wheels usually crack and brake due to a lower sidewall tire used and thus they are more prone to coming in contract with potholes and sharp edges.  we have many folks on here that have bent the 21's.

I have a nice set of 20's with new rubber if you are looking for an alternative.  

I appreciate the offer, but I’m gonna stick with the 21’s. I’m mostly concerned with putting the wheels through the powder coating process and wether or not they can stand up to the heat when they’re baked.

• 3 weeks later...