ABS, traction and wrench light signal on dashboard

Hello house,

I took my 07 ford edge to a technician to replace the rubber on my camshaft. After the repair I noticed ABS, traction and wrench light showing on the dashboard. We checked the ABS sensor and it is intact. Could this be a wrong setting on the tone ring?

2 hours ago, Chigozie said:

Hello house,

I took my 07 ford edge to a technician to replace the rubber on my camshaft. After the repair I noticed ABS, traction and wrench light showing on the dashboard. We checked the ABS sensor and it is intact. Could this be a wrong setting on the tone ring? 

I'm pretty sure you mean CV joint on your axle shaft,  Anyway it sure sounds like a tone ring or ABS sensor.  Check the tone ring for cracks. don't just look at the visible side, rotate the axle and look for cracks or missing teeth.  Also check the pickup for cracks and any type of damage.  I would check all wheels after looking at the suspect one.  Count the teeth on the tone ring and see if it is the same as the others if the mechanic changed the axle for a new one.

• Like 1

yea you are right. it's the rubber boot I replaced on the CV axle. in Nigeria we are prone with water logged roads and this parts seem to wear off easily. I replaced the rubber boot and the light came on. though I have used it that way for over 2 months. thanks paulschott.

I will take your response to my technician