2011 Air Conditioning

Chaddler

I’m trying to find the pressure sensor location and evaporator temperature sensor location. I’ve looked at 25+ videos, I’d like to know location before pulling all the intake parts out. Compressor clutch engages and disengages every 10 seconds or so after car warms up. Cooling fans are working correctly, when the air stays running with the engine cool, the air temperature is 55° making me believe the Freon is fine. Thanks for your help

Rent a pro set of gauges from the parts store to verify charge is at correct levels.  You should see a 40+F drop from ambient under most (except WOT) conditions if the system is correctly charged and the radiator fans are working correctly.

The evap sensor is behind the dash, I think part of the heatercore/evaporator assembly, but not 100% on that.  The pressure sensor/transducer is in the compressor to condenser discharge line, you will see an electrical plug on it.

Evaporator Temperature Sensor

The evaporator temperature sensor contains a thermistor which receives a reference voltage from the dual-zone EATC or EMTC module. The thermistor then varies the resistance to the reference voltage based on the evaporator fin temperature. The resulting voltage is returned to the dual-zone EATC or EMTC module where it is interpreted as an evaporator fin temperature reading.

The dual-zone EATC module or EMTC module maintains evaporator core temperature and prevents icing of the evaporator core. It does this by switching off the A/C request signal to the instrument cluster when the evaporator temperature sensor reading falls below acceptable levels, and by switching on the A/C request when the evaporator temperature rises above acceptable levels.

The evaporator temperature sensor electrical connector is located outside of the heater core and evaporator core housing near the accelerator pedal, with the sensor pigtail leading into the housing to the sensor probe which is inserted between the evaporator core fins.

The evaporator temperature sensor is not available as a separate component. To install a new evaporator temperature sensor, a new heater core and evaporator core housing must be installed.

Edited by WWWPerfA_ZN0W