Should I buy??

kdb

I'm looking at a 2017 Ford Edge AWD Titanium with 44k miles at a dealership priced at 21k. I know the regular warranty is almost up since it only goes to 60,000. Is this only worth it if I buy an extended warranty or what are some thoughts? 

It depends if you plan to do lots of mileage or not and also if you plan to keep the vehicle for a long time… If you answered "yes" to one or both these questions then it might be a good thing for you. I'm taking delivery of my new '19 Edge this coming thursday and will probably buy the extended maintenance plan they offer. It might be expensive but like I said, if you keep the car for a long time then it will eventually pay for itself. Keep in mind that I'm talking about an extended maintenance plan (oil, brakes, wiper blades, battery, etc…), not a warranty in case something goes wrong.

Claude.

Edited by 2FAST4U

I would suggest getting a Extended Service Plan (ESP) over an Extended Maintenance Plan.  Everything that the maintenance plans cover are usually considered wear and tear items.   You are paying a considerable amount of money up front for stuff that you can get done at your local wrench for cheaper.   (Brakes, oil changes etc)

If you are still within the warranty period you do not have to pay for a pre-inspection.  If you are out of warranty then you have to add an additional $100-$150 to the ESP price.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2FAST4U said:

I've decided I won't take the extended maintenance service plan…. not because it' s not good but because it's $4,000. ! :censored:

Claude.

I would never say its not good. Everyone's situation dictates their level of necessity. I think the ESP plan is a better investment especially when the vehicle is new.