Looking at getting an Edge ST

CCalvinN

Hiya everybody!  

I'm new to the forum as I'm looking at possibly getting an Edge ST.  I currently drive a 2017 Ford Fusion Platinum, but it's a lease.  After changing jobs 8 months ago I figured I could get through the last half of the lease by just driving a different car to and from work twice a week.  Well, I hate that.  The other car I drive is a 2015 Ford Escape Titanium, so the vehicles are similar but just different enough to bother me.  Simple things like having adaptive cruise in the Fusion but not the Escape.  Where to set, accelerate, and resume the cruise.  Using android auto in one but not the other.  

Anyway, my original plan was to get to the end of the lease and get an ecoboost Mustang.  The features I want are evidently rare, so I figured I'd have to order one and continue month to month on the lease.  But that plan is out the door.  I need to get out of this lease now, even if it costs me every penny remaining on the lease (and it will as the value of my car has dropped like a rock!).  I figure I'm stuck with Ford for the ease of getting out of the lease and getting a new car.  I've always strongly prefered cars over SUVs or crossovers, but the Mustang is out and there are no other cars from Ford.  So... the only real 'fun' 'ute I can see in their lineup is the Edge ST.  The interior looks like it will be a slight variation on my Fusion (back to black instead of that chocolaty brown), the exterior looks fun and that Performance Blue looks Amazing!  

I was really surprised to see that there are plenty of Edges in the trim and with the packages I want within 50 miles of me.  When I searched for a Mustang like I want I found 1 nationwide.  ONE!  When I searched for Edge STs packaged like I'd want, I found 8 within 50 miles of me!  So I figure my next step is to join a forum, peek around, read up on some problems, find out what the joys are, and basically sop up information like the sponge I am.  From what I saw lurking for a few hours, I'm going to have plenty of questions and it looks like this is the place where I'll get the answers.  

So... Hiya!