2016 2.0 P1016 code. HELP!

Orlydose

hey everyone, ive been dealing with this code for awhile now and its driving me nuts! I took the vehicle to the dealer and was told the turbo wastegate solenoid (F2GZ-9E882-A) and some sensor (BB5Z-9F479-B) needed replacement. replaced those parts but after a few miles I would lose power. my OBDII scanner tells me the P1016 code is ongoing. any ideas what else it could be? thanks in advance for the insight  

SSM 46438

F150, Escape, MKC, Edge, Fusion, MKZ, MKX, MKT, Focus, Continental and Taurus -GTDI Ecoboost With DTCs P1013, P1015, And/Or P1016

Some 2016-2017 F150, Edge, MKX, Escape, Focus, MKC, Fusion, MKZ, Taurus and 2017 Continental vehicles equipped with 2.0L, 2.7L or 3.0L Gasoline Turbocharged Direct Injection (GTDI) EcoBoost engines may exhibit Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) on with Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC) P1013, P1015 and/or P1016 stored in Powertrain Control Module (PCM).

Check turbocharger wastegate control hoses for water/ice restrictions or pinching at zip-tie on engine cam cover retainer (2.7L and 3.0L Only).

If restriction is found on cam cover retainer, cut zip tie and clear DTCs.

If water/ice restriction is found, drain hoses, reassemble and clear DTCs.

If DTCs return, refer to workshop manual (WSM) or Powertrain Control Emissions Diagnosis (PCED) manual for normal diagnostics.

Engineering is investigating the concern, monitor OASIS for further updates.

For previous gen 2.0s,

Some 2012-2013 Ford Edge and Explorer vehicles equipped with the 2.0L GTDI (gasoline turbocharged direct injection) engine may exhibit DTC P1015 or P1016.
1. Inspect all hoses routed to the turbocharger wastegate regulating valve solenoid for disconnection or damage. Repair as needed.
2. If no hose problem is found, replace the turbocharger wastegate regulating valve solenoid. Torque the two 8 mm retaining bolts to 90 in.-lbs. If equipped, remove the shield covering the filter and discard.
The new turbocharger wastegate regulating valve solenoid is available as P/N CB5Z-9E882-A.

Edited by WWWPerfA_ZN0W

• 1 year later...
On 8/22/2019 at 6:49 PM, Orlydose said:

hey everyone, ive been dealing with this code for awhile now and its driving me nuts! I took the vehicle to the dealer and was told the turbo wastegate solenoid (F2GZ-9E882-A) and some sensor (BB5Z-9F479-B) needed replacement. replaced those parts but after a few miles I would lose power. my OBDII scanner tells me the P1016 code is ongoing. any ideas what else it could be? thanks in advance for the insight  

January 2021 I have a 2018 Ford edge with continuous issue error code P1016 loss of power intermittent my RPMs will go up but the speed will not increase also I have a rough idle I have taken it to Ford dealer three times spent $1400 replacing a few solenoids and vacuum pump And vacuum solenoid. Still having same issue after third visit to dealer I contacted Ford and opened up a case number give them my Ford dealership advisers number they are currently doing testing on my vehicle I’ve had my car for two days I told them I feel like my car is a death trap I am willing to pay but they need to find what part is faulty I’m afraid to drive my car I pull out into traffic and then my car does not want to go sometimes it’ll stop at 20 mph sometimes at 40 mph the speed will just not increase. Ford gave my dealership a number of extensive test run on my car they will follow up with me tomorrow. Currently my car is at Fort Walton Beach Gary Smith Ford dealership my service advisers name is Gregg Stuhlmacher. If anyone has had this issue and found the answer out please contact my service advisor at Gary Smith Ford

Add more

Edited by Uberladydriver

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...