TPMS on 2007 Edge?

I have an 07 Edge SEL Plus AWD.

No where in the manual do I find mention of a TPMS. When I cycle through the trip computer check, it never indicates anything about the tire pressure (my Explorer would say "Tire Pressure Ok" or something like that.

I purchased in August 07 (1 year ago). Was this maybe one of those famous Ford "Late Availability" deals?

-Larry

I don't have my manual in front of me, but I'd check again.

I bought my Edge in March 2007 and mine definitely has it.

If you drop the pressure in one of your tires by a couple of pounds below the rated psi, you should get the warning after driving a short period.

I have an 07 Edge SEL Plus AWD.

No where in the manual do I find mention of a TPMS. When I cycle through the trip computer check, it never indicates anything about the tire pressure (my Explorer would say "Tire Pressure Ok" or something like that.

I purchased in August 07 (1 year ago). Was this maybe one of those famous Ford "Late Availability" deals?

-Larry

Hi Larry. :D Look again in your Owners Manual, in the Index under "Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)". It is described on page 195 in the online Manual.

When you find it you will see that it is not in the scrollable Information Center. It is simply a warning light in the Warning Light Cluster. It looks like a head on cross-section of a tire, with an exclamation point in it.

If that warning light illuminates for a second or two when you start the car (when the instrument lights do their system check), you have a working TPMS system.

There is a diagram and it is also described in the "Instrument Cluster Warning Lights and Chimes" section.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530