2012 Edge continued brake trouble

Hello, We have had nonstop brake trouble with our 2012 edge and I'm looking for advice.  The sequence of events went like this:

1. about a year ago the brakes got very hard.  It turned out there was a recall for a new booster at the Ford dealer.

2. A few months ago my wife was driving it and the brakes went clear to the floor.  It doesn't always do it but does it worse at a rolling stop where you are kind of pumping the brakes.  Ford put on a new master cylinder and then it seemed like it was working okay again for a few days.  Then, all of a sudden it went clear to the floor and did it every time.  You could still top but the brakes were almost at the floor with not as much stopping power.

3.Back to Ford we went.  They couldn't find anything obviously wrong but did a "full abs brake bleed".  We got it back and they felt great for a few days.  Now were back to them going to the floor once in awhile but only during a rolling stop.  They feel like they go down to far about half way, then all of a sudden when you reload the brake pedal it will go almost to the floor once in awhile.

Also, once in a blue moon when at idle the service advance trac light will come on.

What is going on here!?  Any advice on what to do next or how to work with the dealer?

Edited by joshgfeller

How many miles on your Edge?  During the whole brake experience, were the brakes and the ABS properly bled?  Those are 2 separate actions.  The one we think of normally is bleeding using the calipers.  The ABS bleed is actuated by a dealer or high level scan tool.

As far as service advancetrak, when does it come on?  After extended idling, or while driving?  Check for codes in the PCM.  Check the tone rings on the axles.  And check the wheel speed sensor connections.

• 3 weeks later...

watching thread closely,   wife's 2012 edge with 90k miles,  like poster had pedal to floor, slowly,  but stopped.  i put on master cylinder and didn't help. 

no ABS light.  I got on wet grass and did several panic stops and ABS was working.

I took it to local garage full well expecting new ABS unit needed.

I had never heard of computer bleeding. He said it took 2 times bleeding but seems fixed,  only been 2 days since picked it up.  He said sometimes after a month or so has bleed them again and seemed to stay fixed.