Replacing 2011 Ford Edge Limited HID/D3S Kit w/After Market LED Kit

J-Dizl

Hello,

I have a 2011 Ford Edge Limited with the factory HID or D3S lights that have the projector housings. The factory ballasts started going so I purchased an after-market 7K 9012 led kit as I was told it would fit. I'm looking for a wiring schematic for the factory light system and trying to see if the bulb will fit in the factory projector housing. I was told that the projector housing won't take the 9012 bulb but I could find some info online on how to modify it but came up empty. Is this a know issue or am I mis-informed. The aftermarket kit obviously doesn't plug and play but I'd like to try and get these in the projector housings and wired. Would I have to purchase a set of halogen housings from, say, a lower model Edge and then the bulb would fit? I tried searching in the forum but couldn't find any info. I'm surprised unless there's something I'm missing. Any info would be great. New to the site.