Spaceman Spiff

2011 Edge Sync 2 to 3 upgrade. Comments?

Gday

Looks like my NAV Sync 2 might be on its way out.  Instead of spending cash on Sync 2 APIM, I’m thinking about doing the Sync 3 upgrade.  
Has anyone done this? Any comment for or against?

Thanks

Spiff 

9 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Gday

Looks like my NAV Sync 2 might be on its way out.  Instead of spending cash on Sync 2 APIM, I’m thinking about doing the Sync 3 upgrade.  
Has anyone done this? Any comment for or against?

Thanks

Spiff 

There is a SYNC3 conversion kit in the classifieds but I think shipping may costly with you being up in Canada!

Edited by onyxbfly

On 11/27/2019 at 11:06 AM, onyxbfly said:

Did my brothers and my lady's, and they're quite pleased with it!

Thanks  where did you get the parts? Any issues with programming?

On 11/27/2019 at 11:06 AM, onyxbfly said:

Did my brothers and my lady's, and they're quite pleased with it!

Hi onyxbfly,

How did you connect the  Sync 3 USB hub to the  Sync 2 wire connector? Did you use the Dtech adapter or just made up something?

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Hi onyxbfly,

How did you connect the  Sync 3 USB hub to the  Sync 2 wire connector? Did you use the Dtech adapter or just made up something?

I ordered the USB media connector from @TXFRDOwner I purchased 3 sync kits from him.  One for my brother one for my lady and one for a coworker.  I have another co worker who wants to do a SYNC3  conversion in his mustang which should be fun. He's also talking about doing the digital dash. If he pulls the trigger on the dash I'll take plenty of pics!

• Like 1

Thanks again. I have the sync 3 installed now.  The person I got it from has wire connected to pin spots on both connectors. It works but I’m not fussy on that connection I’d rather have it connected to real connectors but to cheap to spend $50 on the dtech connector. Lol

5D76CFE9-1417-4823-B3B3-350B5D800197.jpeg

Edited by Spaceman Spiff

I agree, I  certainly do not blame you there. That connection looks fine for a quick test, but a permanent install not so much. The USB/ Media hub connectors were $30 each. (I just double checked for you.)   Reach out to him, or I can drop him a line, and see what he will do for you..... Which media/ USB connection do you have?

Edited by onyxbfly

6 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Awesome. Thanks so much.

i just have the standard sync 2 to 3.

You got it. Happy to help when I can.  Pick the one in the auction that applies to your edge. I usually receive it in a few days, always within the same week. But with the holidays coming up, you may want to get on it sooner than later. 

Edited by onyxbfly

11 minutes ago, onyxbfly said:

You got it. Happy to help when I can.  Pick the one in the auction that applies to your edge. I usually receive it in a few days, always within the same week. But with the holidays coming up, you may want to get on it sooner than later. 

Mine doesn’t quite look the same as his eBay pics.  I’ll send him a message.  I’m sure he’ll have one that works.

Thanks again 

3F6AA1CD-0900-4612-A498-4D9DAF32DAC2.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Mine doesn’t quite look the same as his eBay pics.  I’ll send him a message.  I’m sure he’ll have one that works.

Thanks again 

3F6AA1CD-0900-4612-A498-4D9DAF32DAC2.jpeg

You would need the one that he is sold out on.  Reach out to him, he will sort you out. 

Hi onyxbfly,  reached out to txfrdowner. He currently waiting for parts until February.  I’ll wait until then.  Thanks again!

Really happy with the upgrade so far.

• Like 2

I didn't have any doubts that he would sort you out! Glad to hear that you are enjoying SYNC3!  It truly is a night and day experience between SYNC3 and MFT2!

Just wanted to add to this.

Ordered a kit from @TXFRDOwner and he was able to get me everything I needed for my wife's 2014 limited. Super awesome to work with. 

I was going to program myself but then felt a little overwhelmed so I decided to go with Dan over at Sync3Programming.com. All in all, I couldnt be happier. Was a breeze to install, and program. 

If you are considering going down this route, they can definitely help you out.

Feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions as well. I am happy to assist if I can

On 12/18/2019 at 9:02 PM, onyxbfly said:

I didn't have any doubts that he would sort you out! Glad to hear that you are enjoying SYNC3!  It truly is a night and day experience between SYNC3 and MFT2!

You can say that again. It is almost as good as getting a new car. lol

• Like 1

On 1/21/2020 at 6:39 PM, HUTCHRED said:

Just wanted to add to this.

Ordered a kit from @TXFRDOwner and he was able to get me everything I needed for my wife's 2014 limited. Super awesome to work with. 

I was going to program myself but then felt a little overwhelmed so I decided to go with Dan over at Sync3Programming.com. All in all, I couldnt be happier. Was a breeze to install, and program. 

If you are considering going down this route, they can definitely help you out.

Feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions as well. I am happy to assist if I can

Glad it all worked out ;)

• Like 1