2008 Awd SEL

MetalTeK

Roll your new car up on some ramps, pull the drain/fill plug from the passenger side, use a suction device to remove the old oil (you'll get maximum half quart but likely not that much) then refill.  Drive a few days, drain/fill again.  Do that a couple more times and you'll be good to go.  Unless you know the maintenance history of the Edge you should drain/fill all fluids.  Four times is suggested for coolant, three times for transmission, three or four for the rear differential.  In each case, drain/fill/drive ...repeat...

Fluids you'll need are in your owner's manual.

BTW the first time you do this it'll take awhile.  By the second time you'll have all the proper tools laid out ahead of time and will be getting a rhythm.  By the third or fourth time you'll be draining radiator and transmission simultaneously and sucking lube out of the ptu and rear end while they're still dripping.

I recently wrapped up this process with my own Edge and my son's Lincoln MKT.  Wear old clothes!

Edited by Gadgetjq
corrected lube amount for ptu