2015 2.0 Vapor Canister Vent or Purge solenoid Locations

lt2mc

Hey All,

Long time ford Guy, first time edge repair. can any one answer a few questions for me, or point me towards an  answer?  I am trying to replace/locate my Vapor canister vent solenoid (see Picture), and I cannot positively identify where it is on my 2015.  After a lot of online research, I suspect it is attached to the vapor canister somewhere in the area of the gas tank , however I have not been able to put eyes on the evap canister. so first question is where is the evap canister located exactly? the next question is  this solenoid (see picture)  located in the engine compartment different then a vent solenoid, ie is it a "purge" solenoid?

Thanks for your time.

M.C

Purge Solenoid.png

Canister vent Solenoid.png

• 2 weeks later...

Found it!! the vapor canister/vent valve is located directly above the rear differential, i was able to access it by removing the L/R wheel, and getting into the frame up to my elbows.  The old part came out easily with a small CW turn, the new part was a little more trouble some, which i suspect was due to the new O-Rings, requiring a fair amount of pressure while turning the solenoid to engage some locking tabs.  after a few attempts, I realized the solenoid has a  square end piece that fit a 15mm open end wrench , allowing me turn and engage the locking cams while pressing on the now lubricated o-rings.  Over all not a tough job.cannister.png.c957b9bc0087ce0ffb52c1db53fb964a.pngDiagram.png.dd847f027a7d4ce1be462af0ddf14afc.png

• Like 2