Aftermarket Accessories

diverchris

Hello,

I'm interested in purchasing a 2008 or 2009 MKX. To this end I'm a very active technical scuba diver meaning I carry a lot of wet gear when I travel. I was wondering if anyone has come across any product to place over the storage area including the rear seats when they are folded down to protect the interior.

Also I'm looking for any assistance in:

aftermarket brake systems. ie cross-drilled slotted rotors etc

cold-air intake systems

complete dual exhaust systems not 'cat-back' systems

Thanks in advance for anyone's assistance,

Diverchris

I don't think anyone has done a full dual exhaust. The benefits compared to the cost would almost end that thought. The noise would be horrific!! :wacko: Also are you planning on removing the cat-converters or leaving them? If you leave them, then you are killing the purpose of replacing anything in front of them. If they are removed, then it probably won't run right if at all. 02 sensors before and after the cats to make sure they are working right.

Theres alot of talk on the cold air intakes, but it doesn't seem like there are any solid candidates yet.

Look into the programers listed on these threads too... :stats:

I have this one. May meet your needs for a cargo liner.

http://www.leevalley.com/garden/page.aspx?...&cat=2,2180

I had a similar cargo liner for my grand cherokee as the one in the link. It worked very well with dirt and debris. For scuba gear, you would have to be able to cinch it up in the back so that the water run off did not come out at the corners near the rear hatch.

I don't think anyone has done a full dual exhaust. The benefits compared to the cost would almost end that thought. The noise would be horrific!! :wacko: Also are you planning on removing the cat-converters or leaving them? If you leave them, then you are killing the purpose of replacing anything in front of them. If they are removed, then it probably won't run right if at all. 02 sensors before and after the cats to make sure they are working right.

Theres alot of talk on the cold air intakes, but it doesn't seem like there are any solid candidates yet.

Look into the programers listed on these threads too... :stats:

Thanks for the comments. In regards to a dual exhaust system, I changed the stock system on my Concorde LXI and my fuel mileage changed from 26 MPG to 30 MPG overnight, and the noise in a non-issue. The cats would remain for emmission standards. I guess I'll have to go with a custom set-up.

Too bad about cold-air intakes, I guess it will just take time.

I too have read the reviews on the chips.

I had a similar cargo liner for my grand cherokee as the one in the link. It worked very well with dirt and debris. For scuba gear, you would have to be able to cinch it up in the back so that the water run off did not come out at the corners near the rear hatch.

This is great. Thanks for the link

Chris