Throttle Body

Ksaness07Edge

So I had my Edge in last week to replace some leaky seals on the transmission that all went fine but I got in my car yesterday morning and my check engine light and my little service wrench light was on. So I stopped at the dealer and they plugged it into the computer and said that it might have been something that they did when they were fixing the Transmission. They cleared the codes and said if it happens again come back. I get in my car this morning and what do you know the lights are on again. so I drive into the dealer AGAIN and this time they said the the code is something to do with the throttle position sensor. They have to order an entire throttle body because its all integrated into that. I have to go BACK to my dealer on Thursday. So the Service rep said its ok to drive but if it happens again "Just turn the car off then start back up" and "It might get worse like it could fail all together and then you would have no acceleration" These guys are crazy I'm not going to be driving this car around until they fix it.

This is starting to get frustrating because the car only has 30,000 miles on it. Whats going to happen in another 30,000 Miles when there is not warranty? Not a very happy Ford costumer right now.

These are my problems to date with my 2007 Ford Edge AWD SE

3,000 - Miles PTU leaking / over filled from Factory

6,000 - 20,000 Miles Right front tire loosing pressure never found problem just stopped one day.

6,000 Miles - Gear shifter sticking and making an awful noise when moved from park into Drive - Fixed with lots of lubrication

30,000 Miles - Transmission Leak - fixed with new seals

30,000 Miles - Throttle body - Throttle position sensor - not fixed yet