Remote start climate control

Hi I’ve done some searching and other then finding others with similiar issue I haven’t seen a solution.  

I have a 2013 Ford Edge limited that came with factory remote start for an option we have had this car since 2014.  It has never worked but when you command start the car in -40 weather even tho the seats and climate control are set to auto nothing comes on no heat no heated seats no def.  until you get in the car and push the run button the fan barely blows.

I saw a post where someone said reinstalling factory files fixed it as there must of been a corrupt file.  I got FORscan etc and only see the option to enable or disable the remote start and nothing of the climate control options.

anyone have a solution to this?  Seems ridiculous to have remote start that doesn’t defrost the window it’s kinda pointless.

ps.. have also tried setting everything to last setting and that doesn’t work either

• 2 weeks later...

Omg I have been annoyingly dealing with this same stupid issue since 2011. WHY DON'T MY HEATED SEATS WARM UP WHEN I START REMOTE START THE CAR!!! I had dealer tell me it'll work once it's on "Auto" NOPE. Sorry for the caps, this has been frustrating me for nearly a decade. I might take another look into this and get back to you. Please post a solution if you come across one as well

+1, No solution since way back, Dealer and Ford Teck's,  have no clue why it doesn't

turn on. One day when it was 28 degrees and the windshield was cover with snow.

By the time I clear the snow off the 2011 MKx, doing the wind shield last. The seats, steering wheel, and HVAC worked as they should. The day before this it was 18 degrees and nothing worked when remote starting the vehicle. So I've learned to live

with it the way it's.  Best wishes!