I have a 2010 edge SEL, has anyone tried taking a cluster from a newer edge and installed it in the 2010?  I do have access to forscan for programming.  I just like the look of the newer ones

I can't say myself, cluster compatibility is a science unto itself as there are so many different modules coming together there. Not to mention the tampering issues. I can direct you to someone who will definitely know, though.

When my instrument cluster died I went looking for a certified independent shop who was set up to do it for me, because I wanted a paper trail for the work. I do a lot of work myself, but I do sell a lot of my vehicles and I don't want anybody accusing me of trying to do anything fishy with mileage and such. Anyway, the folks at https://www.instrumentclusterstore.com/Ford_instrument_clusters.htm totally blew me away with everything they knew about clusters. It's all they do, so I guess it makes sense. If you give them a call, I'm sure they'll know off the top of their heads what compatibility issues you might be facing.

wont work, completely different vehicle architecture.