Headlight Off Delay and Auto door lock after exit

rlassiter

At night when I turn off the engine and open my door, the headlights go out. I want the lights on for a few minutes so I can find my way. Can the 2008 Edge do this?

Another thing I would like is for the Edge to always lock the doors automatically when the key engine is turned off and the door is opened and closed, when I get out. I have lost 2 GPS's because I forgot to lock the door. There is still my keypad entry if I forget my keys inside. Any chance of this too?

yes, in your info center you can set the delay for how long the lights stay on.. 0 up to xxxx minutes (I forget exactly). Your manual can explain how and your 3-4 length options, but that is very doable.

No, the Edge does not auto lock your doors for you once you power down and get out.... I can see why not in many scenarios why that would be an issue as a default setting. I just use the key pad and press the correct 2 numbers and pow.. it locks.

• 6 months later...