2011 Edge Sport - Coil on plug / spark plug recommendations?

I am approaching 100,000 miles and thinking about a maintenance tuneup. I want to replace ignition coil on plugs and spark plugs.   So far for ignition coils, all I see as options are the Motorcraft coils or TSP coil (https://www.carid.com/tsp/ignition-coil-on-plug-mpn-jm6810-6.html?singleid=2081878887&url=796363)

does anyone have any experience with the TSP ignition coil on plugs?

any recommendations for spark plugs with some added performance?

thanks for any feedback!!

Gene

• 2 weeks later...

I pulled a plug to check how they were doing at 50K miles and confirmed that they'll make the 100K miles with ease.

When I get to 100K miles all I'll be changing is the plugs, not coils, and considering the new NGK 95605 Ruthenium HX

No experience with TSP products, sorry.

Why do you plan on replacing the coils?

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/ford,2011,edge,3.5l+v6,1446671,ignition,ignition+coil,7060

Edited by 1004ron

Some folks, especially those paying a service shop, consider it cost effective to change the coils at the 100K mile with the spark plug change, due to the high labor cost to get to the rear three.

Seeing as the labor cost doesn't impact me, I do not plan on changing the coils until they show signs of failure.

Edited by 1004ron
  • Like 1