2016 Sport Lug Nuts - replacement needed

shumax

The lug nuts on my 2016 Sport have swollen and need to be replaced.  Not wanting to deal with it again, I did NOT buy the Motorcraft lug nuts.  Instead, I got these on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/DPAccessories-D3718-2305-20-Chrome-14x1-5/dp/B00I82CIAM/ref=au_as_r?_encoding=UTF8&Make=Ford%7C54&Model=Edge%7C5858&Year=2016%7C2016&ie=UTF8&n=15684181&newVehicle=1&s=automotive&vehicleId=1&vehicleType=automotive

Nice quality and look sharp.  My concern?  I bolted them up and they thread right up, but they don't have as "fat" an end as the OEM ones.  The taper seems shorter on these compared to OEM.  They tightened right up and seem to fit flush.  I'm just concerned they don't fit right as they aren't overlapping the edge of the lug hole on the rim as much as the OEM versions.  Given my wife and kids are in this car, I want to be 200% sure. 

Can you experts put an eye ball on this and provide feedback?  The OEM nut is the top photo.  See how the taper flares out to the sides, just a bit?  Next photo are the replacements - note, no flare to them.  Perhaps that doesn't matter?  The taper of the new lug nuts seats in that hole well enough and doesn't seem like the lug hole could go over the lug.  Perhaps I'm fine?

Thanks,

Shumax

39567EAB-D538-4602-AD29-6EE08028AB9C.jpeg

D6D8ED68-1A86-4C6C-B33C-B9462ABF7CF6.jpeg

Edited by shumax

Hey, thanks so much for doing that!  Yours appear to seat in the lug hole like mine.  Did you notice that they didn't seem to flange out, and as long, as the OEM version?  That's my concern with what I have.  They "say" they fit, but they certainly didn't have the same flange and length of taper at the OEM version.  Just makes me nervous...

Well, I initially shared your concerns when I replaced the lug nuts on my Raptor last year.  They are similar in shape to these in that they do not have the same flair or bulge.  I’ve had no issues with them, and my Raptor is much heavier and gets driven much harder than my Edge.