Vibrating/shuddering while accelerating around a corner at lower speeds - Oddly remedied by unplugging the MAF sensor

I have a strange situation with my 2007 Ford Edge SEL AWD.

When accelerating at lower speeds, 10-40 mph approximately and going around a corner, the car makes a strong vibration (like driving on a rumble strip). Releasing the pedal makes it stop. It never happens while coasting, only accelerating. Recently its been happening while going straight too but rarely. Does this sound like an issue with the torque converter?

From what I've been reading online, other Edge owners have had the vibrating problem fixed it by replacing the TSS and OSS sensors.

I replaced the TSS and OSS sensors, the transmission fluid was clean and the solenoid filter screens are unclogged. Didn't fix the problem.

The car also has an engine misfire/surge while driving at lower speeds. I replaced the spark plugs, coils, PCV valve, MAF sensor and cleaned the throttle body but the issue remains.

Here is where it gets real interesting: When I unplug the MAF sensor, the car runs perfectly -- No engine surge or vibrating around corners whatsoever. I got a brand new oem MAF sensor but it doesn't seem to make a difference (I drove it for 60 miles before unplugging it again). What is the connection between the MAF sensor and these intense vibrations?

Edited by oldtownroller
Word choice

Welcome.

Is it FWD or AWD? - good idea to put that kind of detail in your profile to avoid getting the same questions in future.

I can't think of anything linking the MAF to the vibrations, but using an OBDII live data scanner would likely shed more light on it, and why it runs better without the MAF plugged in.

13 hours ago, 1004ron said:

Welcome.

Is it FWD or AWD? - good idea to put that kind of detail in your profile to avoid getting the same questions in future.

I can't think of anything linking the MAF to the vibrations, but using an OBDII live data scanner would likely shed more light on it, and why it runs better without the MAF plugged in.

Thank you, it is an AWD. I do have a scan tool but don't yet know how to effectively understand the live data, that is something that I should learn. So far no codes though (except for when the MAF is uplugged).