What to do with rear side pockets?

interesting... any photos of these things?

I have the SE trim level, so it may be that these are used for something else on SEL or Limited. See attached photos.

You can also see my new Weathertech black cargo mat against the Light Medium Stone interior. I went with black because I knew the other colors wouldn't match. I think the contrast works well.

post-4471-1221232524_thumb.jpg

post-4471-1221232553_thumb.jpg

ahh... on my Limited I have the auto lift gate option and the subwoofer (with audiophile) so do not have these and never knew they existed.

BUT, I have a great solution for you to make them cool and usable.

Go to a motorcycle shop (or maybe even a car shop) and buy yourself some of those cool black elastic mini nets used to hold cargo down. Motorcycle would be best as it is smaller and smaller weave for this application. then, you cut that to appropriate size you want and drill little holes in the molded plastic panel that line up with the elastic, slide the elastic into it and tie a knot in it and put the panels back on. in the end, you would have a cool black elastic net that is stretchy and allows for taller and bigger objects to fit in those cubbies and the black net would look factory as the netting terminate in holes in the panel that are tied off behind the panel so you only see clean holes with elastic running into them. piece of cake project.

feel me?

post-2453-1221233102_thumb.jpg

like this.. would be great in black and strung tighter, but you get the point :)

post-2453-1221233530_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lex Talionis

ahh... on my Limited I have the auto lift gate option and the subwoofer (with audiophile) so do not have these and never knew they existed.

BUT, I have a great solution for you to make them cool and usable.

Go to a motorcycle shop (or maybe even a car shop) and buy yourself some of those cool black elastic mini nets used to hold cargo down. Motorcycle would be best as it is smaller and smaller weave for this application. then, you cut that to appropriate size you want and drill little holes in the molded plastic panel that line up with the elastic, slide the elastic into it and tie a knot in it and put the panels back on. in the end, you would have a cool black elastic net that is stretchy and allows for taller and bigger objects to fit in those cubbies and the black net would look factory as the netting terminate in holes in the panel that are tied off behind the panel so you only see clean holes with elastic running into them. piece of cake project.

feel me?

post-2453-1221233102_thumb.jpg

Great description. I will post pics when I get around to doing this. Thanks.

It really was bad design on Ford's part the have the lips so low. They wouldve been better off just covering the pockets completely.