OEM Nav, ipod interface, etc, etc

Ok so I have searched and still really havent found a straight answer (people tend to stray off topics here, but whatever). :)

I have 2007 Edge SE. I want to get the newer OEM Navigation with the chrome knobs. I dont have sync...so thats really not an issue (i think). Are these truly plug and play or will I have to get it programmed. Also does it matter if its an audiophile unit or sync unit or whatever unit since I have none of that already in my car?? Iv'e heard about part numbers and sync this and sirius that. So i am a little confused. Basically....I would love the best advise to get the new 2008 Navigation into my 2007 SE Edge with no bells and whistles (ie sync or sirius).

Now with regard to my ipod. What interface do you all think is the most "user friendly" with the navigation unit. What I mean is....How well do the on screen functions work?

I used to have an Avic z1 in my f150 and i liked the ipod interface......I am just wondering if we are able to operate the ipod as easy with our OEM navs.

Thanks all.....

Ok so I have searched and still really havent found a straight answer (people tend to stray off topics here, but whatever). :)

I have 2007 Edge SE. I want to get the newer OEM Navigation with the chrome knobs. I dont have sync...so thats really not an issue (i think). Are these truly plug and play or will I have to get it programmed. Also does it matter if its an audiophile unit or sync unit or whatever unit since I have none of that already in my car?? Iv'e heard about part numbers and sync this and sirius that. So i am a little confused. Basically....I would love the best advise to get the new 2008 Navigation into my 2007 SE Edge with no bells and whistles (ie sync or sirius).

Now with regard to my ipod. What interface do you all think is the most "user friendly" with the navigation unit. What I mean is....How well do the on screen functions work?

I used to have an Avic z1 in my f150 and i liked the ipod interface......I am just wondering if we are able to operate the ipod as easy with our OEM navs.

Thanks all.....

You will need to program the nav if your car did not come equiped with it orginally. It will not matter which nav you get since you do not have the adiophile or sync or sub. I don't know about the Ipod, I know the nav with not operate it without an add on interface like triptunes.