ABS Code without light or loss of function (DTC: U2002)

I have noticed in IDS lately that my '18 Edge is showing a U2002 code which ties into the ABS. Although, there aren't any lights on the dash and there haven't been any changes with the brakes. The only thing I did that may be causing this code was unplug the cable to the E-brake switch when I was taking the dash apart, but I plugged in the switch right after and it functions normally. I just wanted to see if anyone knew anything about this code because I cannot find a single bit of information online. 

Capture.PNG

Edited by colinc755

If you have IDS to play around with, I suggest you read up on how it and Ford's systems work, and how to read what it's telling you (not to sound rude, it's just that IDS is a lot more than a basic scan tool). It's also realistically made to work in conjunction with Ford's other systems, so a lot of what it tells you to refer to requires access to their online manuals/guides.

The majority of DTCs do not set any lights or alerts on the instrument cluster. Even for ones that do, they only trigger a light/alert when the car "confirms" the issue. An indeterminate issue is not yet "confirmed" so it won't warn the driver.

Uxxxx codes are communication codes.

The number after the main code (in this case, :96) is just as important as the rest of of the DTC

So in your case, U2002:96 on ABS = there was some sort of internal or unknown fault within the parking brake switch that caused it to lose communication to the rest of the network... In your case, you unplugged it.

So nothing to worry about.