New Here!!! Questions about the Edge

Janetr

Hello. I’m getting ready to buy a used 2018 Edge SE 29,000 miles. Its in my price range at this point in my life. I currently have an 2009 impala and LOVE IT. I have test driven several SUVs but I like the Edge the best. Its sturdy, roomy, interior seems to be nice. I’m having a hard time giving up the luxuries of my 09 impala. The cloth seats, great gas mileage, its just the right size. The edge seems huge to me, the wipers and window look like they belong on a mack truck. Is it just me  or is the dash deep. The gas mileage in reality isn’t what they claim cars truly get. I do city driving in Baltimore, so lots of stop and go. I can gas up on Sun and need gas by Thursday - the car is old too. Any suggestions or positive info you can give me about this car would be great. I really like this but have hesitations. Thanks in advance

One item I would consider is, if your buying directly from a Ford dealer, have the car certified as part of the deal. 

https://www.autotrader.com/car-shopping/cpo-program-review-ford-238901

Also ask for updated navigation maps and Sync 3 upgrade to latest. 

Always try to get a used car history report. If you have the VIN enter it here to do a quick search.

https://www.vinhistoryusa.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwoaz3BRDnARIsAF1RfLdEpMGef5_k-LxDmCMHIPBxBYJqhNj5oltKIsX6ZUFxUih2BjXt5vQaAj_WEALw_wcB

Take a good look at the tires. It's common for dealers to throw on {{{cheap}}} aftermarket tires. Looks good on the lot but nothing but headaches after you start driving. If the car still has the OEM, consider how many miles left before you will need to replace. Battery could be nearing end of life. Having a load test (using a tester that can read the CCA value - not just voltage) will give you a good idea if it will need replacing in a short time or good for another year. 

If this is your dream car, offer 5% under what they have it priced at. (Dealers commonly drop the price by 5% after the first 30 days. It's all about turnover.)

On 6/17/2020 at 8:17 PM, WxManChris said:

MFT keeps kicking the radio out of 'surround' mode and back to 'stereo' at seemingly random times.  Anyone know why this happens?

If it occurs with just over the air reception, its probably do to signal strength rising and falling. (Not the greatest antenna on modern cars).

If CD or DVD, only thing that comes to mind is fingerprints on the disk or run a cleaner disk through the machine to clean the pickup lens.

Edited by enigma-2