2013 Edge rear wiper not working

Dborg1956

Hi,

My rear wipers are not working. I have checked the fuses, replaced the switch on the steering column. Replaced the motor but still doesn’t work. It started out by acting erratically  by not shutting down and finally died. I am not sure how to check for voltage on the 3 wire connector. Can someone tell me what I am missing besides the voltage check?

Thanks in advance

• 1 month later...

Have you turned the wiper on and used a DVOM to see if you’re getting voltage? If you are also check your ground connections in the gate / rear of vehicle. If one came loose or is dirty you’ll get random things that work erratically or not at all.

i can pull a Ford OEM wiring diagram if you need it. Could also be the start of a BCM failure but not likely.

I would check voltage and grounds before going any further. Could have a pinched wire somewhere, etc..

HI, Thanks for your reply. I have checked the voltage and I have 12 volts at the motor connector. I am not sure where to find the ground at the rear. I have the trim removed but the ground connection does not jump out at me. What should I be looking for. An OEM diagram would sure help. What is involved in replacing the BCM? It doesn't sound like a DIY job.   

Thanks in advance.

The ground is usually on the rear body panel or inner quarter panels behind all the trim.

bcm would require programming with a Ford tool or a scan tool that can do programming and I can give you the programming as built codes for it.

i would check your grounds though first. You’d have to remove all the rear cargo trim and it’s usually a single ground for everything back there.

I’ll look up the diagram and post it for you