Factory headunit question

I just bought a Edge SE with the basic 6 disc / 4 Speakers audio system, no subwoofer,sync, or nav. I want to replace the speakers with the infinity kappas like everybody here but was wondering if the basic headunit has enough watts to power these speakers? It seems like most people that upgraded to these speakers have the audiophile setup or switched to an aftermarket unit.

The other question is will these speakers make a big difference in sound?

Later on down the road I plan on adding a amp and a sub. I just found out that JL audio makes a stealth box with a 10" sub that fits in where the factory sub goes.

Thanks

I just bought a Edge SE with the basic 6 disc / 4 Speakers audio system, no subwoofer,sync, or nav. I want to replace the speakers with the infinity kappas like everybody here but was wondering if the basic headunit has enough watts to power these speakers? It seems like most people that upgraded to these speakers have the audiophile setup or switched to an aftermarket unit.

The other question is will these speakers make a big difference in sound?

Later on down the road I plan on adding a amp and a sub. I just found out that JL audio makes a stealth box with a 10" sub that fits in where the factory sub goes.

Thanks

It will make a noticeable improvement. Whether it's enough or not is subjective.

I would agree.. it will make a noticeable improvement.. those stock speakers are pretty bunk at best. if I were to start with 1 thing, I would do speakers first and then build from there as a sub and amp won't make the actual quality of sound any better per se, but speakers would make the sound better right off the bat and then build on your system with an amp and sub as you can.